What's new

BAD UPDATES MAKE THE GAME SO SLOW

alekjoao98

Reaction score
Hello all my Cowboys and Cowgirls mates;
To start this thread i'll write with 100% details if is possible ;).

Since the new updates came out there has been some issues in PvP and PvE also. Now the last thing we saw was when we were being attack in PvP or PvE our Dino speed reduces slowly, now that happens when you're attacking anything or a player in PvP.. that's a very disliking update in my opinion.
Now when our wearing stuff and saddle gave us atributes that was a very nice update, now everyday we lose fame as usual and our atributs waste so badly... they should let the atributes stay even go.. that's a very disliking loss in our game routine :( as the thing when your Dino speed redecus slowly when you attack something... or the update of the daily reward.. they should give us a Treasure Box and and Gold at least, some Gold that increase per logging ;).
Hope you agree with me at this guys.

-Best Regards & Wishes.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yep that's why I post too that slow should be removed and this is my reasons:

1. Why are the critters like smilodon, brontops, parasaurolophus and etc. have slow? What is the scientific reason behind it?
2. Same to our dinosaur why it have an ability to slow our opponents?
3. Also, it is very annoying that you passed through many random critters and the veteran bandits or the alphas is attacking and you cannot get to your specific destination. Sometimes you have no chance to escape because many critters are attacking you and ended up as dead. It will waste your time, because the reviving time takes long, not to mention you have only a limited time to play the game. And also, the drop rates on items needed for upgrade sometimes is very low.
4. Then, you cannot chase the enemy that just killed your clanmates or drained your claim because there are many aggressive creatures around or in the way that will make you slow. It’s very annoying if you encounter this. Sometimes also, there are suddenly spawning right at your place and then attack you.
5. In addition, this ruins and changes the fighting gameplay. Skills of Centrosaurus, the dash attack is awesome before when you can use it in long range, same to Coelophysis jump attack. Now this update and the slow makes the Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus have their advantage because all of their dino skills are short range at first.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
I do agree that it can be annoying when you're trying to walk somewhere and you get slowed by an alpha, but otherwise I do think the slow effect was actually a good update. Here's why I say that.

1. Why are the critters like smilodon, brontops, parasaurolophus and etc. have slow? What is the scientific reason behind it?
Well it is realistic that if you're getting attacked by something you'll lose movement speed. Actually if its a strong enough attack you'd probably stop moving all together.

Then, you cannot chase the enemy that just killed your clanmates or drained your claim because there are many aggressive creatures around or in the way that will make you slow.
Except that the aggressive creatures could also attack your enemy who is trying to run away. Both of you need to try to avoid them if you don't want to get slowed down.

In addition, this ruins and changes the fighting gameplay. Skills of Centrosaurus, the dash attack is awesome before when you can use it in long range, same to Coelophysis jump attack. Now this update and the slow makes the Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus have their advantage because all of their dino skills are short range at first.
Well it does change PvP, yes. But I think its a good change. Remember that dinos like Centro and Coel do have skills that they can use in melee range, but melee only dinos have absolutely nothing that they can use at long range other than the gun.
Also, the fact that long-range attacks can't be used at melee range should be a weakness just like the lack of a long-range skill is a weakness. But that wasn't the case before because it was just too easy to zig-zag your way out of melee range. Now it at least takes some effort to get out of melee range just like it takes effort to stay in melee range.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yeah I know Tyrannosaur Ryan. But they should done it early when the game is just starting before. Because for me sometimes, I am not still getting used to it.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
as i told Regular Fries in his thread, the devs want you to teleport, and to do that you have to buy gold coins to buy teleport matrices.

Disclaimer: to be clear, this is just my opinion.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
as i told Regular Fries in his thread, the devs want you to teleport, and to do that you have to buy gold coins to buy teleport matrices.

Disclaimer: to be clear, this is just my opinion.
adding to this... auctions are longer now for the same reason, to increase gold coins sells.

arachyd

Reaction score
For what it's worth, this is one of the things I hate about the updates. I've used the coel almost exclusively for over a year even though I have other dinos. The problem with npcs making you slow is the dinos with only melee have an advantage in that their most powerful attacks and their weak ones work. The dinos with distance attacks like the centro, pachy and coel are prevented from using the most powerful attacks. Contrary to what was said, it is NOT always possible to avoid them. Many times they just spawn and the ability to use your most powerful attacks just isn't there. This is not fair at all. In order to overcome this you have to use gear with stability attributes but with a limited number of things you can use to adjust your attributes you'll have to give up something you need all the time like agility or recovery. That puts you at an even bigger disadvantage. It isn't like you can swap gear or implants when you get swarmed by npcs that were not there a moment ago.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
In my opinion maybe they put slow when we've been attacked or we are attacking because the location of each player is not accurate. Because when me and my friend PvP (when the slow is not yet implemented), I watch his monitor and I see my friend's dino is chasing me and in my monitor I am the one chasing him while shooting. So that's reason they put the slow because they cannot address the problem by making each player's real-time location when fighting.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Why in the other PvP game there is no slow effect? Whatever the reason is, I still do not like the slow. It make the game sucks more.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
if iirc, this slow down effect was implemented with the pvp protection update... so the more you are slowed down, the less time you are protected in 3 hours because you're getting less things done.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
if iirc, this slow down effect was implemented with the pvp protection update... so the more you are slowed down, the less time you are protected in 3 hours because you're getting less things done.
adding to this... so this means slow down effect = wasting more fame for protection to upgrade or whatever

arachyd

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed is that slow is not just when you get attacked. I tried one of the quests where you shoot rocks. I was immediately slowed. The only result was that if I had been enjoying the game that feeling was gone and I had yet another thing to resent the devs for. Dino Storm, do you ever think these things through before you implement them?

Regular Fries

Reaction score
I noticed that too, now once you attack anything you will be slowed. For me before I hate being slowed by Para bandits when you are passing them. But now, you will be slowed when you are attacking or you've been attack. It feels like you having a lag or something. I think slow effect should be removed for me, it sucks the gameplay.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Not to mention, your hand became tired when you frequently passing through aggressive creatures.