Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Today I woke up wanting to share ideas that we were thinking with friends throughout the week.

In principle, give logic to the game. I understand that the theme of Cowboys that Ride Dinosaurs and use Laser Weapons does not leave room for much logic, the game needs a base to base the reason for some things.

I'll start with the Weapons:

Showstopper: We understand that this is by far the weapon with the highest alpha damage in the game, but in exchange, cadence, hit rate and even the range of the weapon are sacrificed. Taking this into account, we can give this weapon a condition, If its design is based on a shotgun that shoots pellets, it does not make sense that aim is used in this weapon because, based on the logic of the real world, the distance would affect the dispersion of the pellets, therefore, the greater the distance, the less damage it should make the weapon. I would like the mechanics of this weapon to change, the more damage it will do, and also the damage from its bullets should be in area ... not a very large area obviously, but the area of damage would have to be associated with its animation of Shooting.

Burning Colt: The Colt represents a flamethrower that shoots fireballs at medium range, it occurs to me to give a chance to "burn" a target only with its normal shots, based on the same logic that it shoots fire on impact. It would make sense for the target to light on fire, it could also give damage in area to its skill 3, since it launches a flare of fire that by its animation would make sense that it would burn everything it reaches.

Peacemaker: The pacifier unlike the Showstopper, it would make sense for it to make a difference at long distances, I would like its reach to be accentuated a little more ... to others, why not give it a penetration characteristic? Since its animation looks like a fine deadly laser, it would make sense for it to have a slight advantage over armored targets.

Gatling: The most broken weapon in the game, with this weapon I would like to apply a new mechanic, the weapons in the game look big, therefore they should have a weight ... although our ranger seems to have super strength to do pirouettes with it. One-armed weapon, we have to think about it more from logic and common sense. The gatling represents a gatling machine gun, these weapons in real life had the problem of being heavy and not very maneuverable, why not apply this in the game? That the gatling has a slight impact on mobility, reducing drag a bit when you shoot.

The hammer: This weapon has everything to look like a Bazooka, its abilities should contemplate explosions.

What Dino Storm lacks is adding new, weird and innovative things. It is always the same and usually the only thing that is changed are the numbers.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Showstopper: We understand that this is by far the weapon with the highest alpha damage in the game, but in exchange, cadence, hit rate and even the range of the weapon are sacrificed. Taking this into account, we can give this weapon a condition, If its design is based on a shotgun that shoots pellets, it does not make sense that aim is used in this weapon because, based on the logic of the real world, the distance would affect the dispersion of the pellets, therefore, the greater the distance, the less damage it should make the weapon. I would like the mechanics of this weapon to change, the more damage it will do, and also the damage from its bullets should be in area ... not a very large area obviously, but the area of damage would have to be associated with its animation of Shooting.
I disagree about that pellets(single shots) should hit in area, shooting animation clearly shows that all pellets hit the target, so it would be just annoying specialy in the areas of spawning mobs(like otis and near wat at mm). Same thing is about disspersion, all pellets hit the target no matter how far you are, so it doesnt make much sense to lower its dmg shooting from further distances.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Burning Colt: it could also give damage in area to its skill 3, since it launches a flare of fire that by its animation would make sense that it would burn everything it reaches.
By animation it makes sense, but in practice it would be disaster when there are animals near by and specia;ly fighting with players in areas with animals, it would be suicide using it.

Peacemaker: The pacifier unlike the Showstopper, it would make sense for it to make a difference at long distances, I would like its reach to be accentuated a little more ... to others, why not give it a penetration characteristic? Since its animation looks like a fine deadly laser, it would make sense for it to have a slight advantage over armored targets.
This one is nice idea