What's new

An actual punishment for being outlawed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellthatshistory

Reaction score
I just sent this in as a suggestion to support, but wanted to see what other players think of it.

I was giving this some thought the other day. I don't know if it's something that you would be able to implement in this game, but I think there needs to be a 'punishment period' for someone who attacks another player who hasn't given their consent to PVP (i.e. people who aren't duelists). My suggestion is this: If you attack a player who hasn't given their consent to PVP, then you (the now outlawed player) wouldn't be able to fight/attack anything (including camps and claims) for 5 minutes.

Right now, being an outlaw in Dinostorm isn't a big deal. If a 5 minute 'time out' punishment were implemented (where an outlawed player couldn't attack any building/monster/player for 5 minutes or something), I think it would cut down a lot on clan wars as well as players attacking other players just to get them to spawn at their spawn camps for fame, etc.

It would suck not being able to fight for the person who got outlawed since people would be able to attack them and they couldn't fight back, but I think that being an outlaw needs to have more of a punishment than someone spending 2 K fame to call an outlaw hunter that does no damage to an outlawed player. Outlawed players can also just run away from an outlaw hunter until they're out of its aggro zone, so outlaw hunters aren't exactly a deterrent. There needs to be an actual punishment implemented that would make people think twice about attacking non-duelist players.

Just something to think about for a future update.

purpleweed

Reaction score
Higher level players would have to support your idea because if you're a newbie/"noob", this idea will be seen as whining/"whinging".

I have an idea that's related to outlaws/duelist killing neutral/oblivious players.
Protection for 7 days...a new player is only allowed to attack mobs and can only be attacked by mobs for a week. They can forfeit protection if they join a clan, and they can't start a clan until protection is lifted.

Developers punishing outlaws for killing in PvP areas is a negative consequence. Negative consequences from developers are never good. Negative consequences from duelists are good...if a duelist sees an outlaw attacking a neutral player, the duelist should kill the outlaw, start a clan war, and let the neutral players ride around in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.