What's new

Account Ban

im28320

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know on what basis an account is banned. I know that if an account is shared, it will get banned. But if you are checking the IP address for checking an account share, please consider about this situation- I mostly play from my home PC, which have its own IP address. At some times i use to go to my uncle's home or friends home and i use to play from their PC, which will be having different IP address. And the reality here is i don't share my account with anyone. But if you look only the IP address, you will be seeing the single account being used from different IP addresses and you will be deciding that the account is being shared but the reality is its not shared.

So if you ban an account on the basis of different IP address for single account, you have to tell the same on rules that we should not play the game from different PC- Play Only From One Computer.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Before we issuing a punishment our Support Team carefully checks our data for several criterias that must match, to ensure that it is valid to perform the punishment. So accounts are not banned only because they are used from a different computer or IP.

gbor001

Reaction score
Please allow me a question... if I play with my wife's account, with whom I am living under the same roof, would that be punishable with a permanent ban?

im28320

Reaction score
The rules of this game is not correct one.

1. According to the Dino Storm rule 2 kids from one home cannot play from same computer.

2. There is an option in game for ignoring any player, so that their chats wont be visible anymore. So, we can ignore anyone if they use abusive language and they cant chat with us. But still Dino Storm support ban player for using bad language. If you guys are banning for use of bad language, what is the purpose of 'IGNORE' option?

I think you guys want only money from players. And ban guys from an overloaded server by saying whatever reasons you like.

Lol

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
gbor001 said:
Please allow me a question... if I play with my wife's account, with whom I am living under the same roof, would that be punishable with a permanent ban?
Hello gbor001, Yes that is already punishable as this falls under accountsharing, because as you said it, it is your wife's account.

im28320

Reaction score
I do believe that you are not going to make changes to any of the game rules. But I have a request for GM or support who bans players- can you please remove 'permanent ban' from game or at least give a final warning before giving permanent ban? So that those who gets that warning will no more violate the game rules. Because most of them who got banned never knew that they were violating the rules.

im28320

Reaction score
To support and GM: Can you please remove permanent ban. We all agree with ban for specific period of time, but nobody who plays dino storm agrees with permanent ban. You could do a poll and you will not find a single person who agree with permanent ban.
Aren't you guys ashamed of snatching money from kids who play and just ban them forever. We all know that those kids will again make another account and start play again and give you money again. Don't be so cruel.

Grim_Raven

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
T-rex
Clan
Not in a clan
Hopefully all the banned accounts will be returned to the depleted Dino storm players in purely banned.. :(

Community Verified icon

Grim_Raven

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
T-rex
Clan
Not in a clan
I hope to get my account back, I haven't done anything bad, why am I being banned? I want to go back now, but I'm still banned in 2016. -I would like to play again, please return my account

Community Verified icon

Grim_Raven

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
T-rex
Clan
Not in a clan
I do believe that you are not going to make changes to any of the game rules. But I have a request for GM or support who bans players- can you please remove 'permanent ban' from game or at least give a final warning before giving permanent ban? So that those who gets that warning will no more violate the game rules. Because most of them who got banned never knew that they were violating the rules.

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
I agree that perma ban should be removed. 1 month ban is already far too much.

I also want to suggest clearing our ban history annually and resetting our strikes for bans.
For example, I get 2 bans in a year, and then a new year starts, and my bans are reset to 0.
New year, fresh start. Kinda like that.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
Hi,

I don't know on what basis an account is banned. I know that if an account is shared, it will get banned. But if you are checking the IP address for checking an account share, please consider about this situation- I mostly play from my home PC, which have its own IP address. At some times i use to go to my uncle's home or friends home and i use to play from their PC, which will be having different IP address. And the reality here is i don't share my account with anyone. But if you look only the IP address, you will be seeing the single account being used from different IP addresses and you will be deciding that the account is being shared but the reality is its not shared.

So if you ban an account on the basis of different IP address for single account, you have to tell the same on rules that we should not play the game from different PC- Play Only From One Computer.
Just use Vpn to share account like most people do and never get punished for it. Heck some people share account but don't even use vpn and still never get banned for it. It looks like having different Ip doesn't warrant a ban because the support team can see that an account is being used at MANY different Ip across the globe MULTIPLE time. Unless you somehow say something in chat about having shared or bought account and then a "PLAYER" has reported you as if it's their job. You will never get banned. Trust me I have more than 1 friend that do this dirty tricks and they get away with it all the time. I wonder why I am still friends with them...

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
I agree that perma ban should be removed. 1 month ban is already far too much.

I also want to suggest clearing our ban history annually and resetting our strikes for bans.
For example, I get 2 bans in a year, and then a new year starts, and my bans are reset to 0.
New year, fresh start. Kinda like that.
a simple way to not get banned is to play fair and not break the rules of the game ;)

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
A
a simple way to not get banned is to play fair and not break the rules of the game ;)
And what if the person who was toxic before wants to change? And they only have 1 chance left. It's going to be hard to talk in global, or anywhere for that matter without fearing of a ban. Who knows if some crazy person will fake a report to get them banned.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
Just use Vpn to share account like most people do and never get punished for it. Heck some people share account but don't even use vpn and still never get banned for it. It looks like having different Ip doesn't warrant a ban because the support team can see that an account is being used at MANY different Ip across the globe MULTIPLE time. Unless you somehow say something in chat about having shared or bought account and then a "PLAYER" has reported you as if it's their job. You will never get banned. Trust me I have more than 1 friend that do this dirty tricks and they get away with it all the time. I wonder why I am still friends with them...
I apologize for encouraging cheating and account sharing which are both very bad things. I was just frustrated at the lack of action that is taken to fix those problems.

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
Is it so difficoult to play normally? I have moved countries now i live in switzerland and none happened. They CHECK if there is any similarity between the two ip’s (assuming u play on pc and then decide to take the laptop out and play on the bed) there isn’t a “i got banned for no reason”

xx-predator-xx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
ShoguN
Clan
Die Fraggles
let me explain how the vpn works and how it can be proved(after checking) that a player is sharing account. player x plays on an account using a lets say brazilian vpn which connects to a brazilian pc with ip address 1. player y plays on player's x acc using a brazilian vpn which connects to a different brazilian pc with ip address 2. since the vpn connections are random a cross check with ripe.net for example will actually prove that the acc was used by 2 different players ;)