Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
We know that if 2 players have the same identical achievement points, then their event points will be the ones differentiating them.

Screenshot_1.png

If a player has around 7,000 event points, how are we, the new players supposed to surpass that?

This is technically unreachable. Meaning we would never reach position 1.

This is benefiting a certain demographic in the game, it is not really giving us the ability to compete for the first position.

As many have suggested before, there should be a system where a player defeat x number of player in combat to reach the first position.

Or at least give us the ability to compete for the top position. The current method is not working for everyone.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We know that if 2 players have the same identical achievement points, then their event points will be the ones differentiating them.

View attachment 46678

If a player has around 7,000 event points, how are we, the new players supposed to surpass that?

This is technically unreachable. Meaning we would never reach position 1.

This is benefiting a certain demographic in the game, it is not really giving us the ability to compete for the first position.

As many have suggested before, there should be a system where a player defeat x number of player in combat to reach the first position.

Or at least give us the ability to compete for the top position. The current method is not working for everyone.
That only counts for the case that someone like these oldage accounts is actilvy playing the game and keeps his position. if someone is no longer active in the game these players get removed from the ladder making it possible for other to reach the positon. No easy task but not impossible.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
That only counts for the case that someone like these oldage accounts is actilvy playing the game and keeps his position.
I understand the logic used to implement it. However, I still think there's a degree of unfairness with that.

In my server, there are many of these players that you have described. There are a lot of old players who are still active and have high event points. If the player who is currently holding position 1 today stops playing, then the next old player with the highest event point will take his place.

What about me and the other players who started to play 2-3 years ago?

No easy task but not impossible.
I agree it's not impossible, if 1 day all of these old players "suddenly go inactive" (which I believe won't happen) then I will maybe "maybe" have a chance at competing for the top position.

The TOP 5 players on the Monument are old active accounts with high event points, how am I supposed to compete with them?

All of these are absolutely out of my control.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I understand the logic used to implement it. However, I still think there's a degree of unfairness with that.

In my server, there are many of these players that you have described. There are a lot of old players who are still active and have high event points. If the player who is currently holding position 1 today stops playing, then the next old player with the highest event point will take his place.

What about me and the other players who started to play 2-3 years ago?

I agree it's not impossible, if 1 day all of these old players "suddenly go inactive" (which I believe won't happen) then I will maybe "maybe" have a chance at competing for the top position.

The TOP 5 players on the Monument are old active accounts with high event points, how am I supposed to compete with them?

All of these are absolutely out of my control.
To get that right, you say you want the same chances as an old account while beeing able to get the same result in just about a fifth of the time; The older accounts are there longer and did more, so it is not fair that they keep these achievements?

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
To get that right, you say you want the same chances as an old account while beeing able to get the same result in just about a fifth of the time; The older accounts are there longer and did more, so it is not fair that they keep these achievements?
players will stuck on chapter 21 if that achievement keep existing as requirement to fullfill the chapter

The older accounts are there longer and did more, so it is not fair that they keep these achievements
I guess removing requirement of reaching top spot (not the achievement from the achievements! - just requirement to fullfill chapter 21) in the monument will make both old players and new players happy

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
players will stuck on chapter 21 if that achievement keep existing as requirement to fullfill the chapter

I guess removing requirement of reaching top spot (not the achievement from the achievements! - just requirement to fullfill chapter 21) in the monument will make both old players and new players happy
That is indeed a point, the reach position 1 should not be anywhere else other than last page, that is because it was achievement1. that will get adjusted.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
To get that right, you say you want the same chances as an old account while being able to get the same result in just about a fifth of the time;
Well yes.

The competition for the top should be for everyone.

It should not be "If you are an old and active member, you automatically take the top spot", otherwise, how am I supposed to finish those achievements in the book in Chapter 27?

I also think we should give recognition to the old and active players in the game. Perhaps an exclusive reward just for them?

But the competition for the monument at the top should be for all demographics, not just a selected few.

Screenshot_2.png

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
Well, that's nice and all but as long as old players hard work don't get violated for the sake of new players, all good

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
But the competition for the monument at the top should be for all demographics, not just a selected few.
How fair would it be if we have to reduce your achievements because someone that just started yesterday wants equal chance for the monument? Shall we punish you and deminish your previous work just because someone came later than you into the game?

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
How fair would it be if we have to reduce your achievements because someone that just started yesterday wants equal chance for the monument? Shall we punish you and deminish your previous work just because someone came later than you into the game?
Maybe it could be something else other than achievements points for the monument? Kills? Outlaw kills? It's sheriff after all and kills are a bigger flex than achievement points IMO. And everyone could obtain it then

It is unfair for new players but it's also unfair for the old players, however kills could be more fair and new highest kill counts could be obtained, would also be a fun little competition for the top

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
How fair would it be if we have to reduce your achievements because someone that just started yesterday wants equal chance for the monument?
@piotr50000009 post perfectly sums up the fairness situation.

In addition, I would also say.

If I have been playing this game for 5+ years and completing all achievements, then I would rather have an exclusive clothing drop which would be available to my demographic who have a high Event Points in comparison to just staying at the top of the monument.

I proposed that veteran players of the game should have exclusive clothing drop once in a while, I support that. They have been around since a long time, so they should get recognised for it.

But blocking the top spot and not letting other player reaching it just because they are new, isn't really the way.

I had to raise this issue, because now I cannot really reach the first position. And as a result I would not be able to complete some achievement, like Chapter 27 of the Game Guide.

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
@piotr50000009 post perfectly sums up the fairness situation.

In addition, I would also say.

If I have been playing this game for 5+ years and completing all achievements, then I would rather have an exclusive clothing drop which would be available to my demographic who have a high Event Points in comparison to just staying at the top of the monument.

I proposed that veteran players of the game should have exclusive clothing drop once in a while, I support that. They have been around since a long time, so they should get recognised for it.

But blocking the top spot and not letting other player reaching it just because they are new, isn't really the way.

I had to raise this issue, because now I cannot really reach the first position. And as a result I would not be able to complete some achievement, like Chapter 27 of the Game Guide.
What's the solution if two players have same pts on top if event points is to be removed for measuring who gets to stay on top then?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
What's the solution if two players have same pts on top if event points is to be removed for measuring who gets to stay on top then?
Well I believe a new metric of measurement needs to be introduced to determine which player gets to take the top spot.

It could be Outlaw Kills per month.

This is actually in our control and it will motivate players to go out and fight.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
The monument currently doesn't work as intended - people with the same amount of achievement points are sorted alphabetically, not based on their event points. You could name yourself something like "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and be unbeatable after getting enough achievement points (until it gets changed).

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
Well I believe a new metric of measurement needs to be introduced to determine which player gets to take the top spot.

This is actually in our control and it will motivate players to go out and fight.
Mate I have to disagree with this cuz ppl who got frnds will abuse eachother what u said crazily, we ain't gonna be wasting our time looking for outlaw players or even normal players to hunt them and I don't want my hard work to be dependant on someone who will or will not take outlaw. This is flawed brother, Nvm.

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Mate I have to disagree with this cuz ppl who got frnds will abuse eachother what u said crazily, we ain't gonna be wasting our time looking for outlaw players or even normal players to hunt them and I don't want my hard work to be dependant on someone who will or will not take outlaw. This is flawed brother, Nvm.
You say it's flawed because you based your opinion on the current system. We do not need to restrict ourselves to what we currently have. Broaden your perspective. Developers can set the rules and conditions as they want to prevent this from being abused.

They can even do "Defeat x number of players using T-Rex within X timeframe", another condition could be "Drain and take X amount of Building with the T-Rex"

We can be creative with the Monument to motivate more PvP action in the game.

It can be anything that's within every player's control to reach it. Not just a selected few.

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
You say it's flawed because you based your opinion on the current system. We do not need to restrict ourselves to what we currently have. Broaden your perspective. Developers can set the rules and conditions as they want to prevent this from being abused.

They can even do "Defeat x number of players using T-Rex within X timeframe", another condition could be "Drain and take X amount of Building with the T-Rex"

It can be anything that's within every player's control to reach it. Not just a selected few.
Well about that
AddText_10-03-12.59.45.jpg

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Top would be for whoever got those pts latest, the most recent one just like other games have it, it would only be a difference of 1 kill

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-

I must say i love the "per month" thing, it'd be a really fun thing to do and it'd be awesome if it gave rewards to top 3/5/10 places each month

Maybe we could even have the triple monument, 3 monuments into 1 where it's top players of all time, this year and this month. Would be cool in my opinion, many other games do that too and it'd be actually nice to be around

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
It could be countered in some way probably, like a must of having the similar level and maybe it could work similar to how fame does right now as in you can only kill this specific person once or twice within an X hour period, so you can't farm kills off the same person and the other person must fight back in order for it to count

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
I must say i love the "per month" thing, it'd be a really fun thing to do and it'd be awesome if it gave rewards to top 3/5/10 places each month

Maybe we could even have the triple monument, 3 monuments into 1 where it's top players of all time, this year and this month. Would be cool in my opinion, many other games do that too and it'd be actually nice to be around
No this sounds like a whole another thing and impractical and not related to what we are talking bro

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
It could be countered in some way probably, like a must of having the similar level and maybe it could work similar to how fame does right now as in you can only kill this specific person once or twice within an X hour period, so you can't farm kills off the same person and the other person must fight back in order for it to count
Impractical brother, killing specific person or killing others within specific time etc isn't something ds can track from everyone, that sounds out of the blue and it can't be coded like that.

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Impractical brother, killing specific person or killing others within specific time etc isn't something ds can track from everyone, that sounds out of the blue and it can't be coded like that.
That depends how DS is coded, but it's probably very much codeable, and how's that impractical compared to the achievement points that nobody can get without playing for years? It was an example of how it can be coded to counter abuse anyway

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
That depends how DS is coded, but it's probably very much codeable, and how's that impractical compared to the achievement points that nobody can get without playing for years? It was an example of how it can be coded to counter abuse anyway
Imagine winning sheriff.. finally reaching top while also collecting event points for many years.. just to get overthrown easily by some new player cuz he want it too, we invested many years and how can a new player be more deserving to stay at top than the veteran player who spent many years at the game only to be thrown out by some
"do monthly tasks and u get to stay at top for a month.. then next month someone gets to top from monthly tasks.. with all due respect, thats WRONG brother!"

old players deserve to be recognized relative to their achievements and event points included on how much work they put it, they are the loyalest of players from many years brother.

(also go read what it's written in the sheriff monument tab, nothing from that sounds like a small work to stay at top, it's written in a way to pay respect to the old veterans of the game who invested years and not some monthly stay-on-top chance for each player..)

So..with all due respect, NO.
Thanks for reading.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan

I agree that the monument should be classified by "PvP" points, after all, the monument should be for the "best".
But for that to happen, the game would have to have at least a "rival clans" system.
in other words, something very complex to be done over the next few years

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
I agree that the monument should be classified by "PvP" points, after all, the monument should be for the "best".
But for that to happen, the game would have to have at least a "rival clans" system.
in other words, something very complex to be done over the next few years
Finally somebody said something right

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Imagine winning sheriff.. finally reaching top while also collecting event points for many years.. just to get overthrown easily by some new player cuz he want it too, we invested many years and how can a new player be more deserving to stay at top than the veteran player who spent many years at the game only to be thrown out by some
"do monthly tasks and u get to stay at top for a month.. then next month someone gets to top from monthly tasks.. with all due respect, thats WRONG brother!"

old players deserve to be recognized relative to their achievements and event points included on how much work they put it, they are the loyalest of players from many years brother.

(also go read what it's written in the sheriff monument tab, nothing from that sounds like a small work to stay at top, it's written in a way to pay respect to the old veterans of the game who invested years and not some monthly stay-on-top chance for each player..)

So..with all due respect, NO.
Thanks for reading.
Yeah but the problem is that now it's an unobtainable achievement, that's literally the whole point of this post, give veterans recognition sure i don't really care, but i'm just dropping in ideas that could make it more fun for the new players and make the achievement obtainable lol

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
DARK NATION ARMY
Yeah but the problem is that now it's an unobtainable achievement, that's literally the whole point of this post, give veterans recognition sure i don't really care, but i'm just dropping in ideas that could make it more fun for the new players and make the achievement obtainable lol
The point is, what u guys saying coincides/crosses with taking down the years of hard work from veteran players for the sake of new players. I know u guys say with good intention and not taking down veteran players hard work and recognition but sadly, ur ideas crosses with the years of hard work of veteran players