Game revamp?

Egg_Scrambler

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Clan
Commune of Egg
Greetings, I will try to be relatively short with my question.

I want to start with the fact that I absolutely adore this game since I was a child and even though I admit I've been sporadic with my playtime throughout the years, one of the greatest fears I have is to see this game to be closed off and never accessible again. I want to state beforehand that I am not trying to defame the game nor the developers behind it, but the sad truth is that the game is relatively dead. The game had, at least from my knowledge, lost popularity throughout the years with only a few clans being really active in the entire game which is a deep regret, both for the current players and the game, because this game as simple as it is, it is also one of the best, pure and original (Literally cannot think of any other cowboys x dinosaurs x laser guns game ever made) games out, a game that is not pay 2 win (unlike most games nowadays) and a game that is completely free. Now the real question is, how can we really revamp the game, or to the very least popularize it? Well, here are a few thoughts I had occurring in my head, but the list can be long.

Splitscreen Studios YouTube channel revamp

As cliche as it May sound, the Splitscreen Studios channel is pretty inactive and it shouldn't be. I believe that it will be good for not only new trailers (both for base game and for the various game events such as Easter that goes on currently) of the game, but also videos such as Commentaries regarding the game, lore (Will get to that later in my post), game guides or generally anything related to the game, I personally found out about the game through precisely the same old Dino Storm trailer back in 2015, but I reckon that the channel hasnt uploaded a lot ever since. YouTube can be a powerful tool for spreading awareness about something, so I believe the dev team shouldn't ignore this.

Model and the General game revamp

Dino Storm's graphics still hold up to some extent nowadays (Maybe because I love low-poly models :D) but they definitely need an upgrade or a revamp in general. Ofcourse this is not an easy task since I imagine the assets that need changing are a lot, but it is not impossible. I personally am able to help with the task. I believe I have a decent amount of modelling skills in Blender, so low-poly modelling isn't a hard task for me. Even without my help I believe the dev team is more than able to do them themselves because what theyve currently done is very good. Another part about the game revamp that may be prone to changes is the soundtrack of the game. I love the current tracks, but they tend to get too repetitive which gets tiring for the mind, so I believe that a revamp or adding new tracks will be a fresh change for the game. I believe that some maps such as Goldfields should be revamped to an extent, a lot of places seem extremely empty so more vegetation seems to be a welcome change.

Lore

Now I believe the developers definitely have some sort of Lore for the game, but I think it's time for this lore to be introduced into the game. A lot of quests seem extremely empty, bland, repetitive or in some cases silly (e.g. some transport missions consist of the transporter making a loop for no reason until it goes back to the mission giver), so a lore or story behind the game, its mission givers, the mission themselves and even you, will give more sense of the game and also make grinding not as repetitivem because mission grinding currently consits of you making a certain set of missions who are pretty repetitive and play out pretty much the same way every time, so more mission types and a story behind the missions will make grinding 100 times more interesting.

CONCLUSION

Dino Storm is one of the greatest games ever released, it has a plethra of good aspects which modern games themselves lack of and despite all of those positive factors, the game somehow remains obscure, which shouldn't be the case at all. I believe the game still has a chance to redeem itself once again and gain solid popularity because the game deserves it.

Even though my proposals May sound easier said than done, I believe they are not impossible tasks and I am willing to support any of those attempts as much as I can. I'm open at discussing this topic on this thread all the time, in case the devs see this, feel free to contact me through e-mail or any other social platform.

Thank you Splitscreen Studio for providing us with such an amazing game <3

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I think some dev told that they are or will be working on communication channels, but it was like 1 or 2 years ago.

trabzon

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Flo Rida
Clan
Good Feeling
Greetings, I will try to be relatively short with my question.

I want to start with the fact that I absolutely adore this game since I was a child and even though I admit I've been sporadic with my playtime throughout the years, one of the greatest fears I have is to see this game to be closed off and never accessible again. I want to state beforehand that I am not trying to defame the game nor the developers behind it, but the sad truth is that the game is relatively dead. The game had, at least from my knowledge, lost popularity throughout the years with only a few clans being really active in the entire game which is a deep regret, both for the current players and the game, because this game as simple as it is, it is also one of the best, pure and original (Literally cannot think of any other cowboys x dinosaurs x laser guns game ever made) games out, a game that is not pay 2 win (unlike most games nowadays) and a game that is completely free. Now the real question is, how can we really revamp the game, or to the very least popularize it? Well, here are a few thoughts I had occurring in my head, but the list can be long.

As cliche as it May sound, the Splitscreen Studios channel is pretty inactive and it shouldn't be. I believe that it will be good for not only new trailers (both for base game and for the various game events such as Easter that goes on currently) of the game, but also videos such as Commentaries regarding the game, lore (Will get to that later in my post), game guides or generally anything related to the game, I personally found out about the game through precisely the same old Dino Storm trailer back in 2015, but I reckon that the channel hasnt uploaded a lot ever since. YouTube can be a powerful tool for spreading awareness about something, so I believe the dev team shouldn't ignore this.

Model and the General game revamp

Dino Storm's graphics still hold up to some extent nowadays (Maybe because I love low-poly models :D) but they definitely need an upgrade or a revamp in general. Ofcourse this is not an easy task since I imagine the assets that need changing are a lot, but it is not impossible. I personally am able to help with the task. I believe I have a decent amount of modelling skills in Blender, so low-poly modelling isn't a hard task for me. Even without my help I believe the dev team is more than able to do them themselves because what theyve currently done is very good. Another part about the game revamp that may be prone to changes is the soundtrack of the game. I love the current tracks, but they tend to get too repetitive which gets tiring for the mind, so I believe that a revamp or adding new tracks will be a fresh change for the game. I believe that some maps such as Goldfields should be revamped to an extent, a lot of places seem extremely empty so more vegetation seems to be a welcome change.

Lore

Now I believe the developers definitely have some sort of Lore for the game, but I think it's time for this lore to be introduced into the game. A lot of quests seem extremely empty, bland, repetitive or in some cases silly (e.g. some transport missions consist of the transporter making a loop for no reason until it goes back to the mission giver), so a lore or story behind the game, its mission givers, the mission themselves and even you, will give more sense of the game and also make grinding not as repetitivem because mission grinding currently consits of you making a certain set of missions who are pretty repetitive and play out pretty much the same way every time, so more mission types and a story behind the missions will make grinding 100 times more interesting.

CONCLUSION

Dino Storm is one of the greatest games ever released, it has a plethra of good aspects which modern games themselves lack of and despite all of those positive factors, the game somehow remains obscure, which shouldn't be the case at all. I believe the game still has a chance to redeem itself once again and gain solid popularity because the game deserves it.

Even though my proposals May sound easier said than done, I believe they are not impossible tasks and I am willing to support any of those attempts as much as I can. I'm open at discussing this topic on this thread all the time, in case the devs see this, feel free to contact me through e-mail or any other social platform.

Thank you Splitscreen Studio for providing us with such an amazing game <3
A very immersing game , even the rules are in cowboys era. ;)

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
There are "Lore" actually. You can read quest texts, most of them are connected to each other but I was always too lazy to read and build the "puzzle".

Take a loot at a mission text;
Saw you run into a few problems with bandits lately—I'll let you in on a secret: Those were spies working for some big shots from the West who are trying to take over the valley!If we value our freedom, we have no other option than to take them out.
Its told that there are spies from the "West" (?) and trying to fight for the valley so the mission giver is asking for a help from the player. (And the mission giver is actually an another bandit as rival of the mentioned bandits)

See another one;
The source of Dinoville's wealth lies at the heart of the Goldfields. With the mining came the bandits, a threat that greatly increased with the arrival of the notorious Sentencia gang.
Sort of information piece is given about the gang "Sentencia" (Which are known for their famous Red & Black tribal skin)

trabzon

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Flo Rida
Clan
Good Feeling
Dear players

I would like to raise a concern regarding the reporting system in your game. While I understand the importance of ensuring fair play, I have noticed that the system is being abused by some players to unfairly target and eliminate their opponents.

This not only undermines the integrity of the game but also creates a negative and unfair playing environment for other players. I urge you to take action and address this issue by implementing a fair and just reporting system that protects the interests of all players and ensures a positive gaming experience.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

(Edited to be shorter and not boring to read)

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
See another one;
Sort of information piece is given about the gang "Sentencia" (Which are known for their famous Red & Black tribal skin)
New name for the clan :D . I have to read those again too. As I remember some npc in dv had funny description.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
None
Clan
None

Hi,

As a lot of you know already know, I'm pretty open for something live that. Livestreams about updates, but I need to get the support of the devs to deliver good content. Same thing for the trailers.

Kind regards,
Eredin

Egg_Scrambler

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Clan
Commune of Egg
There are "Lore" actually. You can read quest texts, most of them are connected to each other but I was always too lazy to read and build the "puzzle".

Take a loot at a mission text;

Its told that there are spies from the "West" (?) and trying to fight for the valley so the mission giver is asking for a help from the player. (And the mission giver is actually an another bandit as rival of the mentioned bandits)

See another one;

Oh Ive read the texts for the quest givers, but the lore is quite spread out and not as well descriptive. Some questions are still quite unanswered, how did dinosaurs and laser guns even came to be? Ofcourse this is a game so you shouldnt dwelve too much into such stuff, but the lore definitely needs some better way of presenting itself. Even if its by the form of questgiver dialogues or more lore oriented quests, even videos about the lore will be interesting to watch.