Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
Hot Devil
Subject:
The skills light up but are not activated when clicking.

Description:
I'm not sure if it's a visual bug or something related to the internet delay, but it was already happening on the normal server. You enter the range of the skill and it appears as available, but when it clicks it just doesn't work, with no "not available at the moment" message as it can sometimes happen. Perhaps there may be a certain distance to reproduce this bug because it does not always occur, but when it occurs it is frustrating (I have already died or I was unable to kill enemies several times because of this).
In the video you can see me pressing 1 and 2 without stopping but without any effect.

Client/Launcher Version:

Valdir do Mototaxi

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
This is a matter of latency, it is not a bug... the image you see has a delay of milliseconds, depending on how far you are from the server, your latency will be higher or lower. In short, on your screen the skill will be ready to be used, but on the server that runs with the delay in milliseconds, that's why you press the skill and it doesn't come out, if you want to check what I'm talking about, you can simply use any dinosaur, move by clicking on the map and quickly change to another dinosaur, you will see that when you change you go back a few meters, that is the latency :confused:

Cobra

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Cobra -
Clan
Asian Fighter
This is a matter of latency, it is not a bug... the image you see has a delay of milliseconds, depending on how far you are from the server, your latency will be higher or lower. In short, on your screen the skill will be ready to be used, but on the server that runs with the delay in milliseconds, that's why you press the skill and it doesn't come out, if you want to check what I'm talking about, you can simply use any dinosaur, move by clicking on the map and quickly change to another dinosaur, you will see that when you change you go back a few meters, that is the latency :confused:
It's not a matter of latency, I have a really good and fast internet connection, the problem is when 2 dinosaurs are running and are close to each other they look at each other but aren't able to use dinosaur skills,

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Even if you have fiber optics and 700 megabytes of download and upload, the latency will always screw you up .. where are you from? The test server I think is in Europe.

Cobra

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Cobra -
Clan
Asian Fighter
Even if you have fiber optics and 700 megabytes of download and upload, the latency will always screw you up .. where are you from? The test server I think is in Europe.
I'm from asia, no problem of latency for me

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
Hot Devil
I also thought it could be that, but if it were lag problems even with delay I would get the return. As you can see in the video, when I get further into the range of skills they leave instantly, with no apparent delay. It seems that there is a lack of synchronization between the game and the server, something that occurs in the normal server but in the test it is different. I wanted a response from the team about this, to know if it is something exclusive to the test server or if it was triggered by the update.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
ATOMIC BREATH1001010
Clan
Originals
While recording try to always have server info shown (F11)

Gruni

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Gruni
Clan
Team Raindrop
Thanks for your report.

We might need more information on this one. If it was a desync-issue, so that the positions you see don't match with what the server sees, you'd be getting "target is out of range"-notifications spammed all over the place. I saw these notifications, but only a few near the end of the video, which makes it more likely an unfortunate combination of network/internet connection issues combined with heavy server load.

If this can be reproduced, please let us know.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
Renaissance
Clan
-
Most of my PvPs are ruined due to this. I'd be very glad if this could be fixed. Otherwise, unlucky for me.

Gruni

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Gruni
Clan
Team Raindrop
Most of my PvPs are ruined due to this. I'd be very glad if this could be fixed. Otherwise, unlucky for me.
Does this happen for you on the live servers as well right now? Or has it been better or worse with the PTR?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
ATOMIC BREATH1001010
Clan
Originals
Does this happen for you on the live servers as well right now? Or has it been better or worse with the PTR?
From my side it happened almost all the time on PTR when i was trying fight in medium-far range, on live servers it is happening sometimes.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
Renaissance
Clan
-
On the live server, I don't have this issue much but on PTR, it always occurs. The skills appear to be available to use but when we click it, nothing happens.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
Hot Devil
Thanks for your report.

We might need more information on this one. If it was a desync-issue, so that the positions you see don't match with what the server sees, you'd be getting "target is out of range"-notifications spammed all over the place. I saw these notifications, but only a few near the end of the video, which makes it more likely an unfortunate combination of network/internet connection issues combined with heavy server load.

If this can be reproduced, please let us know.
Understand. The curious thing is that this "bug" only happens at a specific distance, because as I said above, when I got closer to the enemy they worked perfectly. It was easily reproducible when you tried to reach the enemy's close range, all low range abilities were only possible to use if he was standing still because if the enemy was in motion the dinos would even face each other but when pressing the skill nothing would come out.
It happens to me sometimes, but it's very rare. In the PTR this problem became much more evident, to the point that it was the cause of several of my deaths or prevented me from killing the enemy (as in the video, if the 3 came out I would kill him).

Guih 154

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Gruni, postagem: 52598, membro: 24545"]
Isso também acontece com você nos servidores ativos agora? Ou foi melhor ou pior com o PTR?
[/CITAR]Isso acontece nos servidores normais, é muito difícil uma habilidade sair de maneira correta. É algo que na minha opinião, é a pior coisa do jogo, os pvp's são ''danificados'' por conta desse problema.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
Renaissance
Clan
-
This problem is so frustrating. We can't even try something the way we want. Spent 45 minutes in the PTR already and this issue kept appearing everytime we PvP.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
JHONTUGA14
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
It happens to me many times on the normal server and that makes me lose some 1vs1 fights. The last time it happened to me, it was not more than 2 days.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I honestly recommend that you add the latency in the F11... I'm sure that with this we would clean up this "bug"... if the reports are made by people with more than 300ms of latency, it is a latency thing.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
Hot Devil
I honestly recommend that you add the latency in the F11... I'm sure that with this we would clean up this "bug"... if the reports are made by people with more than 300ms of latency, it is a latency thing.
My friend, explain to me why this latency only affects skills at a specific distance, please.
I play with a bad internet sometimes, so I know how the game behaves in this situation, and what I recorded there does not fit my experiences with 100, 200 or 300ms. :unsure:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
Renaissance
Clan
-
This is definitely not a latency issue. If it were, I would have had this problem in the live server too, but I don't get it often. In fact, it rarely occurs on live servers.

But it always happens on the PTR server.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
My friend, explain to me why this latency only affects skills at a specific distance, please.
I play with a bad internet sometimes, so I know how the game behaves in this situation, and what I recorded there does not fit my experiences with 100, 200 or 300ms. :unsure:

This is the best argument I can make for my theory. When you are running and you change the dino, the server throws you a few steps back... Why? What happens is, even if you see yourself later, on the server your real position is a little further back and you can check it by doing what I do, running and changing dino, that distance that I indicate with my mouse is the real difference Between what you see and what really happens, imagine that you are in pvp with someone and that according to you you enter the range of using skills, but you have to bear in mind that your real position is a few steps behind what you are really seeing, That is why the skills are illuminated saying that you can use them, when in reality you cannot and only until you get a little closer to compensate for that difference is that you can use them.
And for me, this is due to the response time between what you see on the screen and the server, that is, latency p-p

Yara

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
BlackOP YR-55
Clan
Asian fighters
Even i get this issue with the Gatling, i cant use the 3 ability while moving, but it was possible on the live servers. I know we cant use the 4th ability on Yeager while moving. Is this a thing you are changing on this meta? or a bug?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
This one will be more difficult to solve and caused by the async movement between server and client. Due to that the dinosaur overall movement speed has increased the out of sync effects are more present now. If you only play with mouse you should not have any issues. Its the keyboard movement that the client updates faster as the server and the skill ranges etc are calculated by the position on the server.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
Hot Devil
I haven't had time to test the new PTR update yet, but as soon as I can I will bring more details if the same problem is still occurring.

razeryox

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
razeryox
Clan
Escapades
This happens to me in every combat

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We cound find a issue of the dino position between server/client that introduced an unesessary delay on first movements. In addition we increased the sync rate before we worked out a proper prediction system.

Will be on the next PTR