What's new

Questions about Rules in The Game

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been noticing something and I'd like straight answer to whether it's against game rules. There is a clan that somehow moves high level dinos from let's say from Level 40 area or Level 35 areas to lower areas such as Lvl 25, is against came rules? or is it considering cheating? Thanks.

arachyd

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same. I see it a lot in America_3 server.

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
Can one of the GMs answer this question please? It's very frustrating when trying to walk around in Green Volcano and be hit by much higher level dinos or bandits. thank you.

arachyd

Reaction score
I often see that in gv as well as lvl 20 bandits brought to Liggett in Mokon Woods. All new players must pass Liggett to get supplies to level up and having a lvl 20 bandit there stops them in their tracks and gives medals unfairly to the person controlling Liggett.

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
They did that during the Dino Ball event this year, dragging monster dinos from lvl 20 areas to Insley in Goldfields, and if you tried to stop it, the players would kill you for it, I swear this is totally cheating....also something else that annoys me, clans "fixing" buildings on their clan members, so no one else can touch it....I find that also not a fair way of playing but what do I know about that. I'll just keep fighting for my Rex somehow....haha

Gmanwolf

Reaction score
They might be hackers. You should get a screen shot and send it

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
Okay I will do that, Gmanwolf, thanks. I think our server is full of hackers but I don't know if I can prove that.

arachyd

Reaction score
An official answer would be appreciated. I believe they are exploiting a glitch where npcs don't always return to their original place after chasing someone but that is just a guess. If you can prove who did it there should be severe consequences.

orrire

Community Manager
Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
GM Orrire
Clan
GM Team
Hello everyone,

Please do let me know if this problem exist with all NPC dinos/ animals or just with the Event NPC dinos/ animals?

Further for the question of OlafWarmheart, please find below relevant excerpt from our CoC.

{a} Exploiting Software Errors and Bugs
"It is not allowed to exploit software errors and bugs in the game. If you spot an error or bug that could be exploited, you must inform the game’s operators right away; contacting a GM is another possibility. Keeping an exploitable error or bug a secret, or informing third parties that are neither the game’s operators or GMs of an exploitable error or bug, is also considered a breach of rules that may then be penalized."

If someone violates CoC of the game, anyone can report at support along with relevant evidences. :devilish:

regards,
Orrire.

arachyd

Reaction score
Orrire, they don't say who did it and we don't see it until the dino is in the wrong place. To prove it we would have to be able to know the player intended to do it and follow them while they did it or catch them saying it in chat (not likely). All we could do would be take screen shots showing date/time stamp and the players who seem to be watching over the dino. If Support has the ability to go into the record of the game and see what those specific players did you might be able to catch them. If Support can't do that I don't know what we could do to catch them at it. People yell for a GM in chat but there is rarely a GM to answer. Most don't understand how to find this forum or how to send a screen shot. I educate them whenever I can but I can't force them to send in a ticket.

The dinos I've seen used for this (all on America_3) are lvl 20 brachiosaurus on the wrong side of Riley spawn camp in Mokon Woods, lvl 20 brachiosaurus bandit at Liggett in Mokon Woods and lvl 40 bandit (can't remember what kind) several times at Lincoln in Green Volcano. The spawn camps are always owned by the same clan, which owns every building on the entire server on every map.

These were not event dinos - those seemed to behave pretty well.

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
I have actually sat and witnessed and other players have as well, I have seen clans working together to pull higher level creatures/bandits to lower level areas, they do this to protect the clan members buildings from being attacked, I know one player for sure that does this, player named King The Myth. he uses his T-rex's "battle cry" to chase the bandits/creatures to a particular area, if I can manage to catch this in action, can GM or administrator take action to eliminate this sort of problems?

orrire

Community Manager
Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
GM Orrire
Clan
GM Team
Hello Fellows,

Thank you for your detailed feed back. I will report this issue to our team for its analysis and possible rectification. ;)

regards,
Orrire.

arachyd

Reaction score
Is this problem what is being referred to in the game fix posted today about enemy units being relocated? If so...thank you very, very much.