What's new

New Update for August 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
Okay,

I just logged on and found out that we are going to lose Dino Dollars if we are defeated, I have to say that's b.s. some of us work hard to get our Dino Dollars. So, my question to you is, why did you make this update? What if we're hit my players that we can not defeat over and over again or they kill you before you get the chance to recover, you expect us to pay in Fame points for over priced protection! This is B.S. I don't like this update and from I'm hearing from others, they don't like it either. This game is getting more and more complicated then it should be, making it even harder to gain points is getting more ridiculous, I love this game and I've made so many friends from it, I'd hate to stop playing for ridiculous updates that's not necessary. I'd like to know who came up with this idea because it's uncalled for, if you want happy customers, don't make the game anymore difficult then already is, please consider removing this update, or lose happy customers. :x :x :x

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
http://dinostorm.com/en/update-changelog-august-5th-2014

Improvements

When being defeated in combat, players will no longer drop any of their items. Instead, players will both drop and lose a few Dino Dollars—in concrete terms, players will be able to pick up half of the Dino Dollars they lost when they were defeated.
:eek: :LOL: i am convinced Splitcreen devs are trolling their own players. how on earth is this an improvement? i mean, i guess if you have 5 rare upgrade items in your inventory and drop them after being defeated, that is worse than dropping "a few" dino dollars and only getting back half if you decide to retrieve them (and potentially be defeated again and lose more dollars).

arachyd

Reaction score
I believe I was lied to. I received a response to my question about how much we will lose that said they can't tell me but it's based on lvl. I'm hearing people losing everything when they die and not a portion. Why am I not surprised. I wonder if someone in development is purposely giving bad advice to destroy this game.

Veivou

Reaction score
i think the update is quiet good

reasons
- your afk for about 20 minutes and don't realise you drop topaz x25 ur not going to be happy
- if you think of this logically if some1 shoots you irl they would take everything mainly money rob so makes sense to me

i do not understand why you people are so negitive if you don't like it just leave the game ^^

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
I would much rather lose items then dino dollars, items you can get back later, dino dollars, you have to sell or do missions to earn or buy them with gold coins. I still find it worse the better, I mean its not just players that you lose dino dollars to, its bandits and creatures as well, I lost 141 DD 3-4 times today and ended up selling all my pyrit that I was saving up for, for a lvl 25 carno. so much for saving up now, plus can't help clans anymore with duels to earn medals at spawns due to losing DD. I don't hate the game, I hate this new update. Whoever came up with this idea has a bad sense of humor.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
oh and also you can't store your dino dollars away, like you can store your items, in the warehouse. that makes this "improvement" even worse because you don't have a way to protect your dino dollars.

in another game i used to play, we had a bank for blood, money and something else (forgot what it was), but you'd lose 10% when you made a deposit. maybe they plan to implement a bank to deposit dino dollars? i don't know, but this improvement is bullcrap. thank god i no longer play and endure the devs' trolling.

Gmanwolf

Reaction score
I think it was a good idea. I keep on losing my topaz everytime i almost have enough.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Gmanwolf said:
I think it was a good idea. I keep on losing my topaz everytime i almost have enough.
ah but you could use warehouse matrices to teleport your items if you did not want to lose them. sure, that can be expensive, but there is no way to protect your dino dollars.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
start weighing the pros and cons before you support these "improvements" :|

you will have to farm for more hours to sell more items to have enough dino dollars to upgrade, if you die a lot.

arachyd

Reaction score
I believe this to be a thinly disguised money grab. People already have warehouses and inventories filled with items for improving their clothes and skins and items for upgrade. Unless you've gone for a high election you probably don't have a huge warehouse yet. The only way around the loss of dd is to store your market items until you upgrade. Players will be forced to sell things and lose their dd or they will be forced to increase their warehouse and inventory space. Warehouse and inventory slots don't cost dd they cost coins. Coins have been mostly removed as rewards and you have to buy them. There is a direct connection between the update and greed. It is not an improvement. How many times a day does your game crash and you've been killed by something that was not there when you crashed? Now instead of respawning and recovering your items, usually a whole stack, you will respawn and permanently lose some of your dd.

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
They need to make a way to protect our Dino Dollars or add them in to bandits/creatures to regain what we lose, I thought of that idea yesterday, make it so bandits/creatures drop dino dollars so we can replenish some Dino Dollars we lose.

I still hate this so call "improvement" its disgusting to me that these ideas even exist. I'd like to slap who ever came up with another way to make us by more coins just to have the dino dollars we need to upgrade or having to sell everything we get from bandits/creatures to get the DDs that we need to upgrade.

I heard that a2 have complained about this 'improvement' and I'm working on getting a4 to do the same.

I'd like to get back what I lost yesterday. A friend of mine lost over 1200DDs during a mission....that's a lot of dino dollars and she's lvl 38, so depending on what level you are, depends how much you lose, I'm level 27 and I lose 140DD each time I'm killed.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
:LOL: of course this "improvement" is a money grab. but i'm sure Splitscreen has received a plethora of complaints about players dropping hard-earned gemstones that they worked hours to collect. but instead of support telling players to use warehouse matrices, they do this... switch items to dino dollars.

Veivou

Reaction score
OlafWarmheart said:
They need to make a way to protect our Dino Dollars or add them in to bandits/creatures to regain what we lose, I thought of that idea yesterday, make it so bandits/creatures drop dino dollars so we can replenish some Dino Dollars we lose.
good idea :D

arachyd

Reaction score
They did. You can now buy 'wallet' protection that works like gels. Of course they would make you pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.