What's new

Game Update September 21, 2022 (Balancing Tweaks)

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
why does a balance update come out? someone explain to me xd

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Yeah why do we push any update out :p
what I want to say is. xq a balance update? Does that mean that the game was not correctly balanced before? the development team was not satisfied with the previous balance? Usually in any game when you rebalance mechanics it's for a reason. not just because yes

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
why does a balance update come out? someone explain to me xd
Balance Update should happen yearly.

From time to time, as new item is introduced or small changes happen here and there (though minor updates), things get unbalanced and a certain item gets an advantage over the other.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
what I want to say is. xq a balance update? Does that mean that the game was not correctly balanced before? the development team was not satisfied with the previous balance? Usually in any game when you rebalance mechanics it's for a reason. not just because yes
clearly is it because the pvp was not balanced?
everyone knows that there are dinos and weapons that were very weak

- TryDowN -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
- TryDowN -
Clan
meseleVATAN
frankly the developers made a good point this update was necessary congrats to them and i would like to add that balancing should be done several times a year until it is at its best

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Players asked long time ago for fixing some things which were not well balance after rebalance update, specially about buffing tanks and centro. Overall I'm glad that its done now, we will see how it will work out when update will be added.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Balance Update should happen yearly.

From time to time, as new item is introduced or small changes happen here and there (though minor updates), things get unbalanced and a certain item gets an advantage over the other.
Yea, this is common practice in other games.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
But now coel is nerfed to the ground :( what's the point of playing coel now when rex is a coel but 5 times better.

Nebulon Galaxus

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
AroAce Mechanoid
But now coel is nerfed to the ground :( what's the point of playing coel now when rex is a coel but 5 times better.
how about you try playing something else them. coelo has been one of the best pvp dinos for as long as i can remember and he deserved that nerf a lot. dont believe me? then look at anyrecent pvp fight on your server most of the ppl in it will be coelo users like sometimes even up to 90% most ppl will tell you to get your "main dino" at lvl 40 becouse they are just much better then all of the others by they i mean pachy and coelo and most will advise coelo over pachy so if you like and want to play a diferent dino then those two you will have it very hard but with the balance changes this could finaly change a bit

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
what's the point of playing coel now when rex is a coel but 5 times better.
I don't get what you call better, because coel is and still will be faster than rex and still will have more hp.

. Akeno .

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Akeno
Clan
xXLegion of DeathXx
Eu amei muito essa ATT, estava impossivel jogar contra qualquer coel com pacificador

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
how about you try playing something else them. coelo has been one of the best pvp dinos for as long as i can remember and he deserved that nerf a lot. dont believe me? then look at anyrecent pvp fight on your server most of the ppl in it will be coelo users like sometimes even up to 90% most ppl will tell you to get your "main dino" at lvl 40 becouse they are just much better then all of the others by they i mean pachy and coelo and most will advise coelo over pachy so if you like and want to play a diferent dino then those two you will have it very hard but with the balance changes this could finaly change a bit
1. I have 4 different dinos and I played and tried them all.
2. Rex with pm just destroy everything. If you can't do that with rex then you are just another fame leecher that got an undeserved rex.
3. Pachy is stronger than coel in war aspect. Just learn to play it although it is harder to play than coel and lazy people won't try to play it.
4. Rex is the 3rd fastest dino and the difference in base endurance stat of coel and rex can be closed with 1-2 endurance cloth. When I play carno I can kill any rex at close range but rex has so much speed it always run.
5. Why was para even nerfed, I can kill an agility build para with half hp left. Must have gotten nerfed cause so many rex cried about not being able to just press 2 and win against it.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
5. Why was para even nerfed, I can kill an agility build para with half hp left. Must have gotten nerfed cause so many rex cried about not being able to just press 2 and win against it.
well, I would say it won't be totally nerfed, it will get more endurance and strength

Nebulon Galaxus

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
AroAce Mechanoid
1. I have 4 different dinos and I played and tried them all.
2. Rex with pm just destroy everything. If you can't do that with rex then you are just another fame leecher that got an undeserved rex.
3. Pachy is stronger than coel in war aspect. Just learn to play it although it is harder to play than coel and lazy people won't try to play it.
4. Rex is the 3rd fastest dino and the difference in base endurance stat of coel and rex can be closed with 1-2 endurance cloth. When I play carno I can kill any rex at close range but rex has so much speed it always run.
1. i have nothing to really say just play one of them instead of coelo
2. yes almost everyone i see with a rex has a pm and the only thing i can see is this..... they all suck ass like theyr so bad its radicilous and theres so many like this thats what i call an undeserved rex they got it just becouse of some deals with the biggest alliance in the server in my eyes everyone who got a rex that way doesnt deserve it but that wont be a problem after the second part of endgame comes those aliances wont be able to prevent ppl from geting a rex anymore
3. hmm yeah i agree i play pachy my self now becouse i cant really use anything else becouse it sucks and i dont like coelo if its not obvious now and well geting a rex is imposible without beging the big alliance to give you one after two years of waiting and thats just wrong its not suposed to be some VIP only dino we all should be able to get it sooner or later
4. well gj i guess on killing rexes with carno in close range those are the rex players i was talking about they have no idea what their doing if they played it right they woul win everytime but everyone atleast on my server playes rex as an over sized coelo but its not that and they need to reliese that especialy considering that pm is finaly geting a nerf as well so no more pm spam
5. it was nerfed with its ability affect durations but buffed in its base stats so its alright i mean that dodge is a bit long im not saying i have trouble killing a para but jeez they dodge those attacks like if they were from matrix like someone explaing how they do it when their paralyzed

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
and what is the need to have more than 6 seconds of super speed?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
pm is finaly geting a nerf as well so no more pm spam
Canyon ray is getting nerfed, other changes I wouldn't consider very crucial, but thats fine anyway.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
and what is the need to have more than 6 seconds of super speed?
Because its purpose is to chase down dinos with low hp, during war and group fight, that try to escape. It needs a long duration because if you get hit by pm paralyse you are stuck in place for a good 1 second to 1.5 second. Then if you get roared by a rex you lose speed and change direction that again removes 0.5 to 1 second off of your rapid fire ability. Coels are also the scouts of this game that look for enemy ahead of the group and they need powerful escape ability. Now 1 pachy is all it takes to block him, I think 6 seconds is just too little and need to be at least 7 to 8 seconds.

Nebulon Galaxus

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
AroAce Mechanoid
Canyon ray is getting nerfed, other changes I wouldn't consider very crucial, but thats fine anyway.
yes thats true i did say nerfed not destroyed i dont doubt some ppl will still use it but many will change to a diferent gun like yager becouse pm wont be as good as it used to now it will be just like most other guns and not really special in any way

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
Canon rays low cooldown is 1 big part of pm dps, most of the time the first attack that people use is the canon ray ability. With a full damage set you get 40k damage with a pm and if you hit a critical strike with canon ray as your LONG RANGE, EASILY spam-able ability first strike its pretty much a guaranteed win.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Because its purpose is to chase down dinos with low hp, during war and group fight, that try to escape. It needs a long duration because if you get hit by pm paralyse you are stuck in place for a good 1 second to 1.5 second. Then if you get roared by a rex you lose speed and change direction that again removes 0.5 to 1 second off of your rapid fire ability. Coels are also the scouts of this game that look for enemy ahead of the group and they need powerful escape ability. Now 1 pachy is all it takes to block him, I think 6 seconds is just too little and need to be at least 7 to 8 seconds.
nah, most players just use it to run away, it's a practically "invincible" dinosaur because it either kills you or it will run.
and even with the skill duration reduced it will still be a good dino, good amount of life, the fastest and still increased his base strength

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
You are all forgetting one thing. Most Weapons used to be "Relatively" balanced when it came to 1 VS 1 combat, because some weapons had good DpS, good skills, but bad special effects, and then the opposite, bad DpS, bad skills, but too good special effects. Weapons are now more closely matched when it comes to their DpS & skills, but what about the special effects? Range Up, or Paralyze won't be as good as Weapon Damage Up, or Vulnerable etc.

This could help balance weapons and dinos more when it comes to wars and group combat when too many people against each other, but now solo combat (PVP) is leftout

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Range Up, or Paralyze won't be as good as Weapon Damage Up, or Vulnerable etc.
Paralyze wasn't touched at all and thats good that range up will get nerfed, bcs you and others clearly know that extra is generated fast in fight and pm players could simply spam with range up and have very low cool down on that skill comparing to other guns and damage up already isn't balanced rationally - with damage up effect general yager's dps is lower than without damage up bcs of long skill cool down after using it with ep. Gatling in solo pvp isn't as good as other guns, vulnurability sometimes helps to win 1v1 pvp, but mostly not, although its very good in group pvps and thats totally fine, as for me its normal that some stuff is good for group fights and other for solo fight.

Pm's skills have nothing related with gat's. How you were even comparing vulnurability and damage up with pm's skills to make those statement?

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
I would like to thanks all the closed tester that play tested this balance patch if any.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Paralyze wasn't touched at all and thats good that range up will get nerfed, bcs you and others clearly know that extra is generated fast in fight and pm players could simply spam with range up and have very low cool down on that skill comparing to other guns and damage up already isn't balanced rationally - with damage up effect general yager's dps is lower than without damage up bcs of long skill cool down after using it with ep. Gatling in solo pvp isn't as good as other guns, vulnurability sometimes helps to win 1v1 pvp, but mostly not, although its very good in group pvps and thats totally fine, as for me its normal that some stuff is good for group fights and other for solo fight.

Pm's skills have nothing related with gat's. How you were even comparing vulnurability and damage up with pm's skills to make those statement?
You have lot of confusion about what I meant. So, I will try oversimplifying it for you.

• Why Peacemaker is strong?
    1. Because it has strong stats.
      • High Damage
      • High Clock
      • High Focus
      • High Range
    2. Because it has Strong Skills.
      • High %
      • 2 Skills firing on "Far Range"
      • Short cooldown
  • What's good about other Weapons in comparison to Peacemaker?
    1. Better & more deadly special abilities
      • Burn
      • Vulnerable
      • Weapon Damage Up
      • Damage Down
      • Stun & Confuse
    2. Peacemaker has only tactical effects that doesn't deal additional damage
      • Range Up (countered by keeping close distance)
      • Paralyze (countered by Heat Regulator)
  • Why doesn't that matter in group fights?
    1. Because in group fights most people are attacking 1 target, so only 2 persons at most are receiving "Extra Power" and can use special effects but die before getting chance to benefit from it due to being overwhelmed by how many people attacking at the same time.
    2. The other people who are just shooting but not receiving "Extra Power" will not be able to use their special effects & therefore can only count on their Stats & Skills.
  • Why that is not the case for solo fight (1V1)?
    • Because both opponents are receiving "Extra Power", so there are other factors here that determines who is the winner, like what implants/techs are being used to counter the opponent's setup.
  • What would update balancing tweaks change?
    1. It will heavily Buff most Weapons Stats & Skills.
    2. it will slightly nerf Peacemaker Stats & Skills.
    3. It will change nothing about Special effects or how it is activated.
  • Isn't this a good thing? Since all Weapons have bad stats & skills, shouldn't this be better for PvP?
    • For Group Fights, yes.
    • For Solo Fights, no.
      • Because now Peacemaker has to deal with Weapons that match it in terms of Stats & Skills but outmatch it in terms of special effects.
      • The Peacemaker user will worry more about making sure he counters the opponent's special effects than the opposite for the other opponent, because damaging abilities are far more decisive than tactical ones.
Hope that summarise it for you

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Isn't this a good thing? Since all Weapons have bad stats & skills, shouldn't this be better for PvP?
I didn't understand these question