Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I do not think that players should be given strict penalty for exploiting *this particular bug*

All the items which players duplicated are all gone because of the 2 days reverse to fix the problem, hence the affect of the BUG is NULL.

Those who exploited the bug also lost 2 days of progress so THEY SHOULD ALSO BE COMPENSATED WITH GOLD COINS THEY DESERVE. The bug was only for 3 hours which was later reversed this adds in the waste of our time.

Hence, in my opinion there should be no penalty as this bug was not completely our fault and it was not even a secret and used individually and everyone should be given gold coins which they deserve.

BUT, if u still want to punish the players who exploited the bug to extreme level, exclude them from the global reward (in my opinion).

-DarkKing-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
-DarkKing-
Clan
II-S Y G-II
Seems like you abused the bug at a extreme level ..

I'm sorry but i think people that abuse usebugs should get punished because its their fault that we got a rollback of 2 days.

-DarkKing-

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-

I'm sorry but i think people that abuse usebugs should get punished because its their fault that we got a rollback of 2 days.

-DarkKing-
we did not deploy the update rashly so its actually not completely our fault

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-

-DarkKing-
I don't know about your server, but in asia everyone who was active almost did exploit it to extreme level, would you a penalize a whole server significantly for 1 bug?

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
And there were simpler ways to deal with it, as now support is going to identify who used bug to extreme level and who did not, so its the same, they could have identified the same earlier and rolled back those accounts individually to make them lose their unfair gains.
Like that, nobody would even need to be compensated.
Read the second rule in CoC of bug exploit.
IMG_20210930_195040.jpg

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I don't want to be a killjoy or generalize, but some of those people who abused that mistake to the fullest are players who have done illegal or abusive things within the game. Although it is not a direct punishment for what they have done, something is something. 🤷‍♂️

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I don't want to be a killjoy or generalize, but some of those people who abused that mistake to the fullest are players who have done illegal or abusive things within the game. Although it is not a direct punishment for what they have done, something is something. 🤷‍♂️
Directly or indirectly, they also lost the progress they made in the same duration, and they will not get compensation for it, isn't that a penalty already?

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-
are players who have done illegal or abusive things within the gam
all the previous punishments for bug exploiting is acceptable because the players gained something by exploiting the bug.

But in this case, we did not gain anything. so i don't think being so strict in this case is acceptable.

-DarkKing-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
-DarkKing-
Clan
II-S Y G-II
I don't know about your server, but in asia everyone who was active almost did exploit it to extreme level, would you a penalize a whole server significantly for 1 bug?
I can't say anthing about that , but it mean the whole server gonna get punished.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
Arthe
Read the second rule in CoC of bug exploit.
The second rule that you quoted here states that if you lose any items due to a bug, you might not get them back or receive compensation for it. It doesn't say anything about getting to keep exploiting items or having your account only rolled back because you used exploits.

The rollback was neccessary only because people who were using this bug decided not to say anything to the devs.
The devs did not know about it and couldn't take action while players kept using it in secret from them. This is the direct cause of everyone's lost progress.

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Directly or indirectly, they also lost the progress they made in the same duration, and they will not get compensation for it, isn't that a penalty already?
it was acceptable too, but now they gave gc to everyone and some players also used it, deducting GC again will lead to negative GC.

Support could have responded by not giving GC to players who exploited the bug at extreme level, they again took the decision rashly.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
all the previous punishments for bug exploiting is acceptable because the players gained something by exploiting the bug.

But in this case, we did not gain anything. so i don't think being so strict in this case is acceptable.
I mean the players who overused the error.

According to narakotah, there will still be some penalty depending on the degree that the players abused

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
The devs did not know about it and couldn't take action while players kept using it in secret from them. This is the direct cause of everyone's lost progress.
When was it told to them? Would it be different if they were told earlier, because they usually take 2-3 hours to respond or view the messages itself, it would be the same, so stop trying to put the blame on people who were online in that time. It's easy to say such things if you weren't present yourself, if you were online, you would know how things go.

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-
The second rule that you quoted here states that if you lose any items due to a bug, you might not get them back or receive compensation for it. It doesn't say anything about getting to keep exploiting items or having your account only rolled back because you used exploits.

The rollback was neccessary only because people who were using this bug decided not to say anything to the devs.
* while players kept using it in secret from them*
All the players were not exploiting the bug, those who were not exploiting it but knew about the bug decided to not report it to the support, so they should be punished too. ( which includes everyone who was online)

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Thats not what I am talking about, what I mean to say is everyone didn't have to suffer for it, they had the option to fix the bugged accounts themselves individually as they are identifying them now too.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I think best way to fix all this is to limit the compensation to a fix amount like 5k or something and allow the ones who lost alot of progress to individually contact support and demand support to roll back their accounts individually to the time upgrades were done.
Ofc I don't know how they work, might not be as simple as I think, but this is a better approach in my opinion.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
xX-BLUE-WHALES-Xx
Allowing the people who abused the exploit to keep on playing will cause disruption in the gameplay itself. Players who duped 30d vios and q10 cloth could ruin the gaming experience of other players. Especially in chaotic servers where there are war everyday. Identifying all the bug exploiters one by one will take a significant amount of time which means more chaos will be generated. If the admins had to use the majority of their manpower to look at every single individual, we will only receive our long awaited update after more waiting.
Also regarding your comment about the second part of the rule.
1633022424691.png
We do not believe that we deserve compensation. The admins themselves have decided to compensate us.

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Allowing the people who abused the exploit to keep on playing will cause disruption in the gameplay itself. Players who duped 30d vios and q10 cloth could ruin the gaming experience of other players. Especially in chaotic servers where there are war everyday. Identifying all the bug exploiters one by one will take a significant amount of time which means more chaos will be generated. If the admins had to use the majority of their manpower to look at every single individual, we will only receive our long awaited update after more waiting.
Also regarding your comment about the second part of the rule.
View attachment 42514
We do not believe that we deserve compensation. The admins themselves have decided to compensate us.
yes they could ruin the gameplay of others IF the support let them keep all the items, which didn't happen.

Also almost everyone who was online exploited the bug knowingly, like even if it happen in hunt, players keep on picking 1hr gels or basic boosters again and again.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
xX-BLUE-WHALES-Xx
I think you are looking down on the effect of that 1 bug. If as you say "everyone who was active almost did exploit it to extreme level" then they can only accept their due punishment.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Allowing the people who abused the exploit to keep on playing will cause disruption in the gameplay itself. Players who duped 30d vios and q10 cloth could ruin the gaming experience of other players.
Talk in real terms, did it affect anyone?

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I think you are looking down on the effect of that 1 bug. If as you say "everyone who was active almost did exploit it to extreme level" then they can only accept their due punishment.
They have no choice but to accept the punishment but is it really necessary?

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
Arthe
Devs already said they will only punish players who exploited the bug on purpose, not everyone (so people that did it on accident). You shouldn't have to worry about losing your gc again. But, if you used the bug to obtain more boosters, op clothes etc. than what were you thinking? There is no way you would get to keep the items. You took actions against the rules of the game. Everyone got their progress removed so this is not a punishment.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
xX-BLUE-WHALES-Xx
yes they could ruin the gameplay of others IF the support let them keep all the items, which didn't happen.

Also almost everyone who was online exploited the bug knowingly, like even if it happen in hunt, players keep on picking 1hr gels or basic boosters again and again.
And there were simpler ways to deal with it, as now support is going to identify who used bug to extreme level and who did not, so its the same, they could have identified the same earlier and rolled back those accounts individually to make them lose their unfair gains.
You are right it didn't happen since the admins took the right decision of shutting down the servers temporarily. What I meant and explained in my message is that it will take time to identify each individual who used the exploit and could create chaos. I was explaining to @rishab17 that if they didn't roll back the servers. They would still be individually checking every accounts which would further prolongate the time that the server would need to be closed for.

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Devs already said they will only punish players who exploited the bug on purpose, not everyone (so people that did it on accident). You shouldn't have to worry about losing your gc again. But, if you used the bug to obtain more boosters, op clothes etc. than what were you thinking? There is no way you would get to keep the items. You took actions against the rules of the game. Everyone got their progress removed so this is not a punishment.
devs said thy will punish those who exploited the bug at extreme levl, which means all those who exploited the BUG KNOWINGLY but at less levl are exempted. I dont think this is fair, cuz u should be punished if the bug is exploited, not on the scale of how much.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
You are right it didn't happen since the admins took the right decision of shutting down the servers temporarily. What I meant and explained in my message is that it will take time to identify each individual who used the exploit and could create chaos. I was explaining to @rishab17 that if they didn't roll back the servers. They would still be individually checking every accounts which would further prolongate the time that the server would need to be closed for.
That right decision of theirs is their job, isn't it? They brought a bug, its natural they have to do remedial measures, they better see us as the affected ones by the bug rather than making us troublemakers over the existence of bugs, it's not our fault that we were online during that time or we could be online during that time, nor did we commit any of that with the purpose of having unfair advantages, we just did what we felt was fun to do, its a new thing, it's easy for you to say that we exploited it, but probably if you were in our place, you would've done the same.
It was mistake of both side, and it should be treated indifferently.
You already expressed how it affects their up-coming projects to look into this, so again is it necessary to penalise the ones who didn't actually gain something in real terms?

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
And now the ones laughing for demanding penalties for us are the ones who were literally upset for not being online during the bug that day lol

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
xX-BLUE-WHALES-Xx
but probably if you were in our place, you would've done the same.
Do not assume that I would do something that goes against the TERM of SERVICE. I would have reported the game and stopped playing at that moment to avoid implicating myself in the after effects.

That is what should have been done on the players side. Not abuse the exploit because it was fun and thinking you could get away with it.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Do not assume that I would do something that goes against the TERM of SERVICE. I would have reported the game and stopped playing at that moment to avoid implicating myself in the after effects.
Again, that's easy to say after what's done already

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
-Silver bullet-

That is what should have been done on the players side. Not abuse the exploit because it was fun and thinking you could get away with it.
you just recently bought this account in asia_1 (as u said to us on facebook ), how can u say that u follow the rules?

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
Arthe
And now the ones laughing for demanding penalties for us are the ones who were literally upset for not being online during the bug that day lol
If your words were trully correct than literally 100% of the active playerbase would use this bug. But from what I heard that is not the case and some people actually just tried to play the game. Not everyone gets hyped by a possiblity to cheat items in game.