slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Generally I didn't check centro and anky stats, as I don't have them and I didn't find people using them at the moment of writing this thread. @Gruni

Clear bugs:
  • Yager has gatling's focus before the update, 66 focus
  • Gatling has colt's focus before the update, 329 focus
  • Peacemaker has hammer's focus before the update, 13 focus
  • Hammer has yager's focus before the update, 658 focus
  • Colt has peacemaker's focus before the update, 1315 focus
  • In update announcement its written that showstoppers power shot skill while used with extra power would have 15s cool down, but in game its written that 17s (10s + 7s from description)
Noticed staff:
If im not wrong all guns have range increasing within lvls and peacemaker doesn't. There was nothing written about it in update announcement

@Developers could you explain what are bases for range, focus, endurance and strength attributes? I don't understand what those base per cent increases and decreases actually mean. First I thought that attribute number would be changed by %, like 30% increase of range for 250 range would be 325 range in total, but now it seems that those changes are based on some other values. Unless I understood it correctly, but the values are incorrect :unsure:

Game update September 20, link for players: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/game-update-september-20-2022-balancing-tweaks.21562/#post-73905

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I just now have read what alewx have written about this, I'm even more confused

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
In update announcement its written that showstoppers power shot skill while used with extra power would have 15s cool down, but in game its written that 17s (10s + 7s from description)
Indeed another mistake that was made.

If im not wrong all guns have range increasing within lvls and peacemaker doesn't. There was nothing written about it in update announcement
was overlooked. but the result is that with lvl55 the weapon ranges get closer together and it is easier to fight aginst pm, so that is not the sole solution to everything.

Last edited:

.NightPhamtom.

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Xx_velo666_xX
Clan
- unforgiven -
Generally I didn't check centro and anky stats, as I don't have them and I didn't find people using them at the moment of writing this thread. @Gruni

Clear bugs:
  • In update announcement its written that showstoppers power shot skill while used with extra power would have 15s cool down, but in game its written that 17s (10s + 7s from description)
Noticed staff:

@Developers could you explain what are bases for range, focus, endurance and strength attributes? I don't understand what those base per cent increases and decreases actually mean. First I thought that attribute number would be changed by %, like 30% increase of range for 250 range would be 325 range in total, but now it seems that those changes are based on some other values. Unless I understood it correctly, but the values are incorrect :unsure:

Game update September 20, link for players: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/game-update-september-20-2022-balancing-tweaks.21562/#post-73905
anky had 286 endurance before and 16k strenght now 536 endurance and 19k strenght at lvl 55

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@Developers could you explain what are bases for range, focus, endurance and strength attributes? I don't understand what those base per cent increases and decreases actually mean.
@Alewx any explanation about base values? :|

- TryDowN -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
- TryDowN -
Clan
meseleVATAN
@Alewx actually the new balancing has shaped the pvp a bit more but it has a lot of missing parts, for example the rex very op that almost everyone has this dino needs to be weakened

- TryDowN -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
- TryDowN -
Clan
meseleVATAN
View attachment 44652
The reaction when there is a changelog announcing a nerf of the tyrannosaurus....

Actually, all I want is for all dinos to be equal and wars have a lot of dino diversity, just like it used to be (2013-2016) All other dinos except rex can be balanced among themselves, I don't know about this, but there is no dino that can oppose rex, which is why rex is very popular in wars. makes everyone prefer rex in wars

- TryDowN -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
- TryDowN -
Clan
meseleVATAN
but as I mentioned before, balancing is done frequently in every game and it is not possible to have everything in a few days, it can be changed several times a year until it is the best.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Actually, all I want is for all dinos to be equal and wars have a lot of dino diversity, just like it used to be (2013-2016)
Just saying that back then very little number of players had rexes and there were a lot more players playing ds, nowadays almost everyone got rex and there are a lot less players.

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
It was not mentioned, but from what I have been able to observe, since this update was released in the game, I have observed that the tigers and alpha tigers do a little more damage than before, and I wonder why?

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
I noticed something with guns ability range varying depending on the dino that you use. Rex seem to affect and make the weapon ability range a bit longer giving it more range.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I noticed something with guns ability range varying depending on the dino that you use. Rex seem to affect and make the weapon ability range a bit longer giving it more range.
wish that would be possible, but no what you experience there is just pure perception due to the speed of the dino.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Does the balance tweak also include PvE's weapon and dino?

For example, are the mobs affected by the Balance changes or is it just players?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Does the balance tweak also include PvE's weapon and dino?

For example, are the mobs affected by the Balance changes or is it just players?
i was working on the player dinos and weapons, the mobs should not be affected, but will look into it.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
Something that I don't like about this game is that at dino range the attacks slow you down and the stability mechanics interact together. Look at dino like brachi and anky, if you don't want them to stun or confuse you, you have to equip stability implant but if you do that it makes it so that you cannot prevent them from escaping dino range normal attacks. This mean a brachi with endurance imp cannot be locked into close range combat by a carno with endurance imp and stability. Even though the carno is faster.

Last edited:

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Ok checked the mobs, and so far the changes of the dinos went 1:1 directly into the npcs. Weapons however did not get automaticlly get updated as well, working on that atm also the skills did not get updated.

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Quick overview of the changes.

So far, the majority of Dino and weapons changes are reasonable. I haven't tested it in depth, but from random combats and PvP with most Dinos and Weapons, I see that each item is good in its own way.

Few concerns to look out for, however.

1. Brachiosaurus will be the most used dinosaur because of its high Vitality Points and increased speed. (Not a problem in itself)

Many lazy players will tend to use this dino because if paired with high damage weapon (Showstopper or Hammer) it's a very deadly combo.

2. T-Rex is performing the role of 2 classes - Damager & Runner. (I personally disagree with that Endurance buff, regardless of how minor it is since we've been asking for a slight reduction in its speed anyway)

3. There are still some bugs here and there, Showstopper 1st ability with Extra Power sometimes does not hit both targets even tho they are directly in front of the line of attack.

4. The way information is presented for Tech and Implants needs to change, in the changelog, changes for abilities like Focus and Range are written in percentage while in the game it's written in numbers, and in the end, we have a situation where we don't know the exact value of a Tech/ Implant.

5. Freeze tech would come in handy now that there has been an overall endurance increase. However, as reported on the forum through this post (Excessive functionality of heat implant and cold resistance attribute)

Heat Regulator Implants make the Freeze tech useless, to the point that it reduces the chance of Freeze tech being activated.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
T-Rex is performing the role of 2 classes - Damager & Runner. (I personally disagree with that Endurance buff, regardless of how minor it is since we've been asking for a slight reduction in its speed anyway)
I notice the same.
Freeze tech would come in handy now that there has been an overall endurance increase. However, as reported on the forum through this post (Excessive functionality of heat implant and cold resistance attribute)
I see the decreased use of the regulator among the players and I recently tested the odds for freezer to cast slow down effect while player doesn't use regulator and so odds are high. So for now I don't have to say something bad or good about current situation with regulator and freezer, even though I made that post.

I see more players playing in close range now and increased use of tanks. I just have tested hammer with coel and para in 1v1 fights and group fights and all what I can tell is that hammer is better and coel with para are still good to use. I have tried gat with pachy in group fights and I don't see much of change so far in terms of group fights.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
what martin needs is less focus xD

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Gat for far range seems to be good too as I have tested so far. With rex+endurance clothes its sometimes unnecessary to use freezer or far range gun to catch somebody. For me things seem to be fine so far.