What's new

#12 Endgame Game Mechanics Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)

Edit: Link to Early concept

Last edited:

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

• Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex

I really liked this information! if you could say that there will be something more after unlocking the rex, as mentioned above, what would it be? do maps have to do with this?

I did not understand about the desired effects of the community that would not be met, if you can give me an example and a more detailed explanation, I would like to thank you.

thanks for showing us that you can solve the problems on this list, if a model is possible to show how the maps are doing, i appreciate it.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan

change the way to unlock the rex? and how would it be? :eek:

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

I agree to a large extent, quite interesting what was mentioned in the post, I see that they will not only open more paths, more content? content improvement? Excellent.
Although I am still waiting for more information about how the course of the maps is going

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
I hope this update is great, like the previous one or more

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-

I am happy to know that you are aware of this problem, as it is also one of the reasons for players evasion. Particularly I prefer it to be dealt with right after the map update because although it is a serious problem (in my opinion) it only affects higher level players, as beginning players are not yet in the run of fame, as the maps affect the game as a whole, from beginners, high levels and even those who do not seek fame.

I, for example, am level 55 but I have no desire to become a sheriff, but I always participate in wars because it is the only thing left to do and currently neither wars are being attractive, players like me have no reason to continue playing , bringing more dynamics to what already exists or adding more options would definitely benefit the game a lot.

St. Coelo

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
St. Coelo
Clan
Clan Steel Romero Mex

Very good placement.

Our biggest concern about everything is the fun, we are really in need of new concepts of gameplay, thus getting us into the history of the game.

The last update that affected the skills, implants, technologies, dinosaurs and weapons, brought a little of this creation and strategy mechanics, and our wish is that they apply this to the physical maps that we have as well.
Making new players, when old ones do not stop playing.

And a very strong point that you said, was the misuse of alliances to decide which or who will win sherrif.
The intention of alliances came some time ago, at least on my server, after the creation of Green Volcan, and brought a certain peace to the game, since several clans came together to decide the domain of the server, and thus several other clans for not having the same number of players, or the same number of clans in an alliance, totally lost the chance to grant this achievement to their clan.

I do not say that this concept is bad, but we see that it brought a certain discomfort, because the current theme of the game is that you join the largest number of DinoDollares to be able to survive or be reborn quickly in places of difficult access, alliance added with this way of losing much resource (DDS) was practically the extinction of wars that lasted for months, and now last for days, or hours only.

So maybe applying a new theme to the gameplay, bringing a certain balance between peace and war, not being a game that is only 100% peace but neither 100% war, due to the resources that are more necessary than years ago.
There must be a 50% for both sides.

Bringing new maps, you create in the player the logical reasoning and the desire to understand more about the game, so that he can create strategies and set up plans that could decide the future of his clan or himself.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

All what I can let you know is those are good points to be solved :) :D

St. Coelo

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
St. Coelo
Clan
Clan Steel Romero Mex
But without also losing the fact that we need new maps to bring more strategies to the game

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I really liked this information! if you could say that there will be something more after unlocking the rex, as mentioned above, what would it be? do maps have to do with this?

I did not understand about the desired effects of the community that would not be met, if you can give me an example and a more detailed explanation, I would like to thank you.

thanks for showing us that you can solve the problems on this list, if a model is possible to show how the maps are doing, i appreciate it.
From what I understand here and I understand in the game, the reason why the community asks to change the maps is to facilitate wars and these wars are to dispute fame, but if the changes were delivered as they want who would really benefit? Do you agree with me that the current distribution system of fame is totally flawed? It would be big changes that would benefit a small group of people a lot, this is not balancing. Perhaps a complete overhaul will bring something more egalitarian to the game.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
  • Las alianzas que abarcan servidores hacen un mal uso de su influencia, deciden quién obtiene y quién no obtiene el T-Rex
  • Detener el final del juego tan pronto como se desbloquee T-Rex
  • Jugabilidad bastante aburrida y predecible en los sitios (Travel Gates, Claims)

¡Háganos saber lo que piensa o si nos faltan puntos clave importantes! ;)
I am interested and I love these ideas, could you talk more about each one in detail?

Last edited by a moderator:

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
From what I understand here and I understand in the game, the reason why the community asks to change the maps is to facilitate wars and these wars are to dispute fame, but if the changes were delivered as they want who would really benefit? Do you agree with me that the current distribution system of fame is totally flawed? It would be big changes that would benefit a small group of people a lot, this is not balancing. Perhaps a complete overhaul will bring something more egalitarian to the game.
para que este problema de falta de jugadores en un clan cambie, ya esto es parte de dino storm, ellos deberían hacer publicidad para atraer a mas personas hacia el juego osino todo depende de las traiciones, actualmente ds se vasa en traiciones mas que todo pero como dije para que los clanes se vuelvan a llenar mínimo debe haber jugadores pero para tener jugadores deben hacer publicidad

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- M A L E K I T H -
Clan
Red Velvet
Changing the way you gain fame is valid, and I agree, now changing the way to win rex, in my opinion would be to throw away the effort of players who conquered the rex, with hours defending, fueling or attacking maps, to their clan. Rex has to remain something only for those who strive, and on the dominance of an alliance over the elections, that is logical, Whoever dominates fame, has the cards to decide who should take office. And the case of the alliance involves more than just change of the developers, clans are allied for several reasons, such as: affinity, friendships, enemies in common. The player issue influences this a lot, there are certain people that I would not ally myself with, you can change the way you gain fame, but I doubt that the players change the way you play in a group.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
para que este problema de falta de jugadores en un clan cambie, ya esto es parte de dino storm, ellos deberían hacer publicidad para atraer a mas personas hacia el juego osino todo depende de las traiciones, actualmente ds se vasa en traiciones mas que todo pero como dije para que los clanes se vuelvan a llenar mínimo debe haber jugadores pero para tener jugadores deben hacer publicidad
I believe it goes beyond the amount of players, as alliances will always exist and if nothing is changed it will always be more advantageous. Because the control of fame for the leader/right hand opens room for use for their own benefit and in a system with alliances this becomes an eternal cycle. Bringing new ways to thrive in the game that is independent of other people is a solution to consider.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points!
The best I can say right now is that I agree with all the 3 listed points to be taken care of. Apart from that, we'd need clarity on what we should expect of the next gameplay.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
change the way to unlock the rex? and how would it be?
implementation of a new selection system based on supply points, dino dollars donated to clan or amount of time spent in the game itself... I guess?

either way, we are all unaware of the future right now.

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- M A L E K I T H -
Clan
Red Velvet
I believe it goes beyond the amount of players, as alliances will always exist and if nothing is changed it will always be more advantageous. Because the control of fame for the leader/right hand opens room for use for their own benefit and in a system with alliances this becomes an eternal cycle. Bringing new ways to thrive in the game that is independent of other people is a solution to consider.
Isso já acontecia antes, em 2013-2014. Não faz sentido voltar este sistema, que cada um pegava seu próprio portal, seria como os GMs, falaram, regredir o jogo. O sistema de clãs precisa ser aprimorado, para realmente um sistema de aliança entre clãs, não voltar a unidade.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Isso já acontecia antes, em 2013-2014. Não faz sentido voltar este sistema, que cada um pegava seu próprio portal, seria como os GMs, falaram, regredir o jogo. O sistema de clãs precisa ser aprimorado, para realmente um sistema de aliança entre clãs, não voltar a unidade.
I am not talking about returning to this system (although I think it is much more efficient when it comes to effort vs reward xD), but there are several unexplored alternatives that can replace the current form of distribution of fame. As we are only discussing the key points of the problem, I think it is not yet time to give more details, but if this matter goes further I will be able to cite some examples that I imagined.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I am not talking about returning to this system (although I think it is much more efficient when it comes to effort vs reward xD), but there are several unexplored alternatives that can replace the current form of distribution of fame. As we are only discussing the key points of the problem, I think it is not yet time to give more details, but if this matter goes further I will be able to cite some examples that I imagined.
If there is such a problem with leaders/right hands not giving out fair fame to members that participated in the battles for it; why do the members not rebel against them? it is not much to say, fuck it, and create your own clan and deal with things in another way?

David Moises

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-_ToBu_-
Clan
Game Over

I was a bit surprised by the developers' conclusion, but in a good way, I love that they are thinking of ways to fix the problems that Dino Storm has ... but I think that the change of maps that is requested at the request of the players does not they have to do directly with winning sheriff ... if not with how boring wars become and walking on a map, for example, hunting is quite tedious going from here to there looking for objects or missions that they are carrying out. For me that would be the main problem: The boredom caused by the simple maps that we have.

Now ... I am very interested in the idea that Highway has, the change of the end of the game, which no longer ends with just winning sheriff and having T-rex, rather expanding the ending ... which does not end only in that, it that it would bring a lot of changes to the game in many ways and is something that for me should be discussed in depth, between players and developers. That change of ending, of how the T-rex and the sheriff would win, is something very delicate that you have to touch little by little and pay close attention and that it would be very good to try to carry out ... but I still think that it would be better to pay attention to the maps and then focus on that idea of changing the ending of the game, because like I said I think that changing maps doesn't have much to do with it. do with winning Sheriff and T-rex.

Even so I really liked that idea, and any other ideas you want to add ... say it, how you should listen to us, we must listen to you. Brainstorming is always what I wanted in the player-developer relationship.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO

bueno, espero ver como harán para la nueva forma de obtener el rex.
pero si cambian la forma de obtener el rex, entonces para que servirán los portales ? o para que seria la fama ?
denme un poco mas de detalle sobre las 2 ideas primeras por favor

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
If there is such a problem with leaders/right hands not giving out fair fame to members that participated in the battles for it; why do the members not rebel against them? it is not much to say, fuck it, and create your own clan and deal with things in another way?
The players who are being treated unfairly are in the minority against a majority. It's always about 5 player that would rebel against a whole alliance of 50+ player.

Also, rebelling is not worth it in the long term, since those 5 would get hunted and killed by the alliance. Hence, the ones being wronged can't do anything much except to leave and watch their Rex being given to someone else.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
No, because the alliance that owns the server usually has more power and its members are loyal to the waiting lists and promises of positions or simply out of fear of going against and becoming an enemy, losing the protection that their clan provides. For many it is easier to just sit and wait to gain fame than to waste time and resources struggling to achieve with their own effort.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
it's not that simple, a dominant clan always has many allies, so if you rebel against the leader, you will rebel against other clans, leaving you powerless to do something, because the dominant alliance is always much more numerous, and those who rebel end up with nothing even without the right to
walk without protection, so most prefer to accept the injustices of the clan and have a 1% chance of winning something, than not gaining anything.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
alliance that owns the server
@Highway, in addition to the first point, one big concern is that there are some groups of people that literally own servers. Making some servers un-enjoyable to play. Especially about the ones who can spend a huge amount of GoldCoins compared to 90% of Dinostorm player base.

They would go in a server, conquer maps of that server, and making a clan to capture their gates is literally impossible.

NaY

Lead Game Master
Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-NaY-
Clan
GM Team
Leaving an alliance requires decision and time
that the members evolve their levels
make a strong clan and be consistent in deciding to wage war
This will not be easy and it will take time.
But it's only a matter of time
It is obvious that with 5 members you will never win a war
neither with 3 clans
And we are in a game of "Wars" :love:

and I agree that it is unfair for the dominant alliances of the maps to decide who should use protection and who should not

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I am going to give my points of opinion and some suggestions:

In general I love the idea that finally the gameplay has a very important change in the game

I agree with the change that the "leaders" no longer elect sheriffs unfairly, but I need more specifications and details on this point, because there are several factors that could make this system good or bad.
You mean some new system for those with sheriff positions who are active in the game and don't finish the game?.
If so, I'm glad there are finally more things to come after getting rex, and the latter is not "full game, nothing else to do. Good day."

What changes could there be?
New fame distribution? New mechanic of stealing-getting portals? Will this point mean something in the gameplay of wars? New rules?

This is the point that I like the most, and I hope it is the best.

In general I am satisfied, but I would like you to explain the points in detail because there are things that we do not understand 100%

Another idea that we must take is the amount of fame that the clans collect, there are cases of fame that exceed 4-5m or more (for just one player).

Get fame in our own way through clothes, fight, do missions, objectives etc, they do not count as before and currently they have no relevance.

And last, why don't you add a roadmap to your games? As developers you are familiar with this organizational format, and I personally like this idea a lot, so players don't have to worry about anonymous updates.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-

Fourth point that makes the gameplay unentertaining.
Some smartass using photoshop to get players in a war banned (or better, ban the player who's about to go in an important election so that that player misses his application date). Go to another server, create an account with name of enemy swearing or saying things that would get banned and take ss and send to support. This always happens, and it's pissing off that it still is a thing.

Last edited:

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Fourth point that makes the gameplay unentertaining.
Some smartass using photoshop to get players in a war banned (or better, ban the player who's about to go in an important election so that that player misses his application date). Go to another server, create an account with name of enemy swearing or saying things that would get banned and take ss and send to support. This always happens, and it's pissing off that it still is a thing.
Mas se a Print, só é aceita com o F11, é por que eles podem acessar o chat para localizar o que é realmente dito, sem esses obstáculos de jogadores fraudarem prints. E se eles aceitam prints falsas, não sei por que pedem F11.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@Highway, in addition to the first point, one big concern is that there are some groups of people that literally own servers. Making some servers un-enjoyable to play. Especially about the ones who can spend a huge amount of GoldCoins compared to 90% of Dinostorm player base.

They would go in a server, conquer maps of that server, and making a clan to capture their gates is literally impossible.
thats true, this describes lost clan in eu2 xD

Status
Not open for further replies.