Frozen Shadow

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
xXFeliciaXx
Clan
Clanless
Fact is maybe 1 or 2 ways to a gate would be nice. Another topic to is (which i think is) maybe it should give more different quests cause it repeated after some time and sometimes are the quests little to much longšŸ™ it makes the game uninteresting and sleepy

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I don't think a warning sign is necessary, it is enough for the beginning player to place the mouse over the mob and see what level it is. I understand that the Devs do not want this because they will have to work with the footprints, since they can go through areas of higher levels to reach a lower level area and that could cause problems, although this argument also falls, since On the map you can clearly see marked with an X where the mob is, and the player from the map can orient himself to find what he is looking for
Disagree.

The warning would be used as a sort of guide. The level shown when a player hovers his mouse over mobs is not really helpful.

For one, that player doesn't really notice that level. For two, there's a small indicator of how difficult it is to kill mobs or another player, and new players who are complete beginners to the game don't notice that. - Even if he notice those things, he doesn't have a solid clue what those numbers are. And you know how there's a lack of guidance in the game.

Some sort of warning is definitely needed to help the new beginners.

I'm speaking from experience, 10 months ago, I came back in Ds and I didn't know things like difficulty indicator- in fact, I came to know about it 2 months ago on Forum. Now, if more roads are open to go to a higher level, that new player would look like a lost penguin in-game.

Also, the map was linear when I started, so that helped me with mobs and be careful about higher level mobs since they were arranged/ spawned sequentially after each level. To compensate for that, a warning should be added.

Last edited:

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
Time for some feedback round. :)

Here is the current plan for the goldfield map with its new shortcuts:
View attachment 41225
White = area a player can not walk on
Grey = new shortcuts
Colored areas & black = walkable area where each color is a level tier and black is clear from enemies.

What we wanted to achieve is that a player can traverse a level tier faster when using the new shortcuts. But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.

What do you think about this plan for goldfields?
Perhaps...

1619017677421.png

grey = new shortcuts added by highway
ugly green= new shortcuts added by me

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
3. It's annoying that the players can not use teleport matrix as duelist.Players should be able to teleport even as duelist
When a player attacks another player, the attacker obtains "Duelist Status".

Now, I assume that players cannot use a teleport matrix when we have duelist status to avoid the enemy from escaping in war... should be logical.

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Perhaps...

View attachment 41269

grey = new shortcuts added by highway
ugly green= new shortcuts added by me
I like it but need some adjustment a bit IMO- especially in the top right, maybe remove some grey paths between Moore and Redwood? Because I feel like there's too much now.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@Highway , go to the idea of SirCoral and the comments of your own feedbacks, then you will have an idea of what people would like to have on the maps, look at this, don't you think this map is beautiful?

gf2.png

A tip from me ā˜ŗ Greetings.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
@Highway , go to the idea of SirCoral and the comments of your own feedbacks, then you will have an idea of what people would like to have on the maps, look at this, don't you think this map is beautiful?

View attachment 41270

I didn't just make this map with my ideas , I did it taking into account various opinions, I spoke with enough people to see what they think and what changes they would add, and this was the result

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

View attachment 41270

moved portals, but they are still the same areas in the same place

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO

View attachment 41270

deberĆ­amos todos destacar este mapa porque este si es un mapa no lineal este si vemos mas interactividad, acĆ” si podemos dar mucha mas pelea mucha mas sistucion de encuentro mas caza, esto si sirve para mapa de guerra opino lo mismo este si es un mapa hermoso

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
Ok, ya tenĆ­a la sensaciĆ³n de que los comentarios fueron controvertidos y esa es la razĆ³n porque querĆ­a involucrarlos a todos desde el principio antes de que se haga el trabajo duro en los mapas. PequeƱos cambios aquĆ­ y allĆ” despuĆ©s calcularĆ” una carga de trabajo muy similar que queremos evitar.

Parece que primero necesitamos enfocarnos y condensar la retroalimentaciĆ³n y descubrir el "Por quĆ©" los mapas actuales que estĆ”n en vivo no son del agrado en general. Esto podrĆ­a resultar en una soluciĆ³n que sea incluso mejor que reelaborar los mapas.

Empecemos. ;)

Lo que pude leer de sus comentarios hasta ahora:
  1. Las puertas de viaje durante la guerra no se pueden usar (para viajar y reaparecer) cuando estƔn bajo ataque (icono rojo), lo que hace que caminar y planificar ataques sea tedioso. (solo se aplica cuando el usuario estƔ comprometido o fuera de la ley)
    • Durante una guerra, un solo mapa tiene muchas puertas de viaje rojas al mismo tiempo, lo que hace que caminar sea la Ćŗnica opciĆ³n.
  2. Las posibles rutas de ataque de edificios suelen ser solo desde dos direcciones en un mapa lineal con una puerta por nivel.

ĀæHay algo mĆ”s por lo que no te gusta el mapa actual y quĆ© problema causa en el juego?
un buen trabajo y ejemplo seria este mapa polvoreda y en el caso de montaƱas maujak es el peor mapa de todos un mapa blanco sin casi paisajes es solo hielo y unas simples montaƱas con desniveles que causan mucha lag ese mapa necesita un rediseƱo total.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
DĆ©jame empezar a dar un comentario sobre mi opiniĆ³n.

1. Las puertas de viaje durante la guerra no se pueden usar (para viajar y reaparecer) cuando estƔn bajo ataque (icono rojo), lo que hace que caminar y planificar ataques sea tedioso. (solo se aplica cuando el usuario estƔ comprometido o fuera de la ley)
      • Durante una guerra, un solo mapa tiene muchas puertas de viaje rojas al mismo tiempo, lo que hace que caminar sea la Ćŗnica opciĆ³n.
  • SĆ­, los mapas estĆ”n aburridos en este momento, porque tenemos la misma forma de mapa durante mucho tiempo ... en las guerras ya no tenemos estrategias porque todos juegan con las mismas estrategias ... si morimos en una guerra y no tenemos kits, Necesito esperar como 5-10 minutos en el suelo para que la puerta se cure ... o ir a DV y volver al mapa caminando ... y estĆ” realmente aburrido. Y con nuevos atajos podemos hacer nuevas estrategias y pasar los mapas mĆ”s rĆ”pido si todas las puertas son rojas.:D
tambiĆ©n el lo que se indica arriba en el post dicen que los caminos conducirĆ­an a los niveles mas bajos a estar en riesgo. o con el simple hecho de poner el mouse encima de un animal te muestra su nivel, Āæacaso los desarrolladores piensan que dino storm lo juegan niƱos de 6 aƱos? por favor siendo realista las personas que juegan la mayorĆ­a esta entre la edad de 13 a 40 aƱos de edad contando que la mayorĆ­a es mĆ”s y gastan dinero real ..
las zonas rojas en guerra tardan demasiado
curar por que no acortar el tiempo y que este sea visible en dicha torre?
FORO.jpg

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
DĆ©jame empezar a dar un comentario sobre mi opiniĆ³n.

• SĆ­, los mapas estĆ”n aburridos en este momento, porque tenemos la misma forma de mapa durante mucho tiempo ... en las guerras ya no tenemos estrategias porque todos juegan con las mismas estrategias ... si morimos en una guerra y no tenemos kits, Necesito esperar como 5-10 minutos en el suelo para que la puerta se cure ... o ir a DV y volver al mapa caminando ... y estĆ” realmente aburrido. Y con nuevos atajos podemos hacer nuevas estrategias y pasar los mapas mĆ”s rĆ”pido si todas las puertas son rojas.:D
tambiĆ©n el lo que se indica arriba en el post dicen que los caminos conducirĆ­an a los niveles mas bajos a estar en riesgo. o con el simple hecho de poner el mouse encima de un animal te muestra su nivel, Āæacaso los desarrolladores piensan que dino storm lo juegan niƱos de 6 aƱos? por favor siendo realista las personas que juegan la mayorĆ­a esta entre la edad de 13 a 40 aƱos de edad contando que la mayorĆ­a es mĆ”s y gastan dinero real.
las zonas rojas en guerra tardan demasiado
curar por que no acortar el tiempo y que este sea visible en dicha torre?
View attachment 41278
el tiempo puede ser modificado solo es un ejemplo que sea visible y acortado por que es guerras el que no tenga kits solo esta todo el tiempo muerto esperando que algo se recupere para revivir.

BluePXL

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Dazai
Clan
Stray Dogs
To avoid lower level players entering higher lvl areas (or to atleast warn them) I would agree with warning signs. Using my flawless photoshop skills, I quickly designed an example:
DS_WarningSign.png
After reaching a high enough level, these signs might then disappear. These warning signs should be placed at every "non-official" or shortcut path which would instantly lead to a higher level. And yes I was going for a "hologram" look because I think it suits DinoStorm.
Feedback is welcome!

St. Coelo

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
St. Coelo
Clan
Clan Steel Romero Mex
Right now the central question is "why the changes are wanted" for the current maps to begin with. Not how the map can be changed etc. We need your reason behind it why you dislike them in terms of gameplay. Some points would could gather from your input and so far got confirmation that thase might be the main issues.
If there are more it would be great to know them. ;)
We have had these years with great difficulty in the gameplay of the game, one of them because we are 100% obliged to use teleports, thus being stuck in the hunt, since we cannot reach a map quickly just by walking.
Another, we have totally lost thousands of war strategies, these maps are all about coming and going without stopping, and in a single direction, totally losing strategy and fun.
And with these two points we reached the third, in a war we lost a lot of DinoDollar resources, and simply after 1 hour or 2 hours at the most, we have to stop attacking or protecting, because we are getting poor and without DinoDollares we will not be able to increase the quantity of implant that we want, or any other object that we want to improve.
These current maps were not very much in favor of the fun of the game, because we are almost like robots that have a unique path to follow.
And with these problems, such a map is very bad. We can no longer wage wars, which guarantees fun for most players, because maps are expensive, and with only one path. and with that we lost more Dino Dollares, having to be in a hurry for days hunting to collect all the dino dollar lost in 2 hours of war.

David Moises

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-_ToBu_-
Clan
Game Over
Right now the central question is "why the changes are wanted" for the current maps to begin with. Not how the map can be changed etc. We need your reason behind it why you dislike them in terms of gameplay. Some points would could gather from your input and so far got confirmation that thase might be the main issues.
If there are more it would be great to know them. ;)

In short, I want maps that do not make my poor dinosaurs walk insufferable distances.
I want maps that improve and give more playability to wars in general.
I want maps that bring me some new details, new structures, new areas, new textures, new terrain, I don't know, for example, how about a felled tree that serves as a bridge? Or how about a small community living on the outskirts of DinoVille, villages, stone paths, some cracks in volcan that emanate a bright red color simulating lava under the subsoil. I WANT SOMETHING NEW.
A day / night cycle that is set at the server time, add light sources (ex: torches, lanterns, kerosene lamps, candles, bonfires, imagine that a player can build a fire by collecting trash from mobs, this if you want to keep the Wild West theme, but you can also put electricity-dependent light sources since the DinoStorm universe technology is quite advanced, shiny rocks or plants, fireflies, etc)
For each event you can put details for its theme, for example Halloween: You slightly darken the maps and decorate it with illuminated Pumpkin Heads, for example Christmas. You could decorate the map with snowmen, Christmas lights.
I totally left the original idea but that is the magnificent thing, there will never be a lack of ideas, and I can go on and on giving suggestions, I don't understand why the devs can't, they don't brainstorm on the team?
For greater mobility in war, since the portals are in red, an alternative if you do not have dino dollars and you need to go on foot to your hunting area, to give more adventure to the game, to reach the market on foot without much difficulty, to be at war apart with more roads you would have more alternatives, it would not do everything so monotonous, currently it is only linear, which means that you do not have many options since the portals are in red, if they open more roads you can go to another portal other than the which follows the one you are currently in, but for example, going from Moore to Sheridan, this would also help players with slow dinosaurs like brachiosaurus / ankylosaurus a lot, mostly in leveling up.
Well, the maps can be changed, I showed some points of reference on how the map can be changed according to the opinion of the players, many of us show the reasons, there are several, just you understand, many of us want something different and I will tell the side why:

- Labyrinths: We want them because wars and hunting would be much more frantic, with great suspense and better locomotion in hunting and etc ...

- Useful paths: useful paths are those that take the linear shape out of maps in general, damage better shortcuts, so it would be good, since the speed of dinosaurs, especially tanks, has been reduced.

-Expansions: I think this idea is less popular than it came from my head, but I think it would go well for hunting and with cheaper stretches.

Those are my reasons, other players can cite other reasons why we want different maps too, not only with different shortcuts in which they leave the map still linear, Greetings.
Well, for old players (which are the majority, including me) the game had become boring, and like me, many stopped playing, of course with the balance update the boring of the game is disappearing, and the The next step would be the maps!
Returning to the subject, I have the same opinion that my colleagues said above and summarizing it in one serious word: RENOVATION!

Now it's time for a good renovation to the maps, both in playability and aesthetics.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Well, for old players (which are the majority, including me) the game had become boring, and like me, many stopped playing, of course with the balance update the boring of the game is disappearing, and the The next step would be the maps!
Returning to the subject, I have the same opinion that my colleagues said above and summarizing it in one serious word: RENOVATION!

Now it's time for a good renovation to the maps, both in playability and aesthetics.

totally agree

fransivori 44

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
-I- F R A N 44 -I-
Clan
- Demons Hunters -
Very Good Idea about opening New routes, that will help more Players to be happy with the New DS that you are giving us. And even more players will arrive with a need to play this incredible game .. I hope everything goes well, I look forward to that update.:love:(/)

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Ok i already had the feeling that the feedback would be controversial and thats the reason because I wanted to involve you all early on before the hard work is done on the maps. Little changes here and there afterwards would be a very similar workload that we want to avoid.

Looks like we first need focus and to condense the feedback back and find out the "Why" the current maps that are live are disliked in general. This might result in a solution that is even better than reworking the maps.

Lets get started. ;)

What I could read out from your feedback so far:
  1. Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
    • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
  2. Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.

Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?
Another thing that wasn't mentioned until now is that before the "big update part 1" if we were from an enemy clan that were against the one that had the buldings or all the maps, on that time we could play without "pvp protection" without really issues because there were more zones to hide or for hunt and also this maked more fights or constant fight between clans because of course the quantity of players that had "pvp protrecion" making a good "dangerous jungle" ambient.
But then with thoose big updates the maps didn't suported that game style because just one path or two but always ending or starting on bottlenecks that maked for the clans that own that map really easy to clean the enemys (especially on the higher level zone from each map) and just dividing the game on:
  • Players that are from a clan that is owner of the map: without protection
  • Enemy players: with protection
  • Neutral players of course could choose
New maze/laberynth paths on all the maps and also bigger zones on the high levels from each map would improve the game and that "dangerous jungle" will return again and would make the game more active.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Another thing that wasn't mentioned until now is that before the "big update part 1" if we were from an enemy clan that were against the one that had the buldings or all the maps, on that time we could play without "pvp protection" without really issues because there were more zones to hide or for hunt and also this maked more fights or constant fight between clans because of course the quantity of players that had "pvp protrecion" making a good "dangerous jungle" ambient.
But then with thoose big updates the maps didn't suported that game style because just one path or two but always ending or starting on bottlenecks that maked for the clans that own that map really easy to clean the enemys (especially on the higher level zone from each map) and just dividing the game on:
  • Players that are from a clan that is owner of the map: without protection
  • Enemy players: with protection
  • Neutral players of course could choose
New maze/laberynth paths on all the maps and also bigger zones on the high levels from each map would improve the game and that "dangerous jungle" will return again and would make the game more active.
I agree, In the old maps it was not known where the enemies would come from, there was suspense, the maps after the big update became boring, predictable, little suspenseful atmosphere. By making the maps more diverse and with more roads, it would give the game much more life.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Well look i think making shortcuts in game again since long time ago they got removed u can again make same both side entrance like but keep desert places with desert and grass wild places with wild +++ a Perfect idea is make from DV to >
Mokon Woods and then > Green Volcano
Gold Fields > Cold Claw Valey

BUT + there is the magic combination u would be abale to go from Gv to Maujak Mountains from one side and other side at end of Maujak u can enter Cold Claw Valey is Like Maujak will be the Midle of combine the maps what u think

... Mokon Woods > Green Volcano > MAUJAK MOUNTAINS <Cold Claw Valey < Gold Fields ....
this will be cool enough for my opinion is gona be the center of mayking one big cycle outside Dv u understan what i mean one side of dv start from mw and other side start from gf and stuff like that with shortcuts to each map keep the teleports On but x1.5 more cost i mean from 4k at maujak u can make it 6k and stuff like that maujak will be on there is on side of maujak u enter from CCV so the end of maujak u can make it be the entrace Of Green Volcano so ppls can go after from gv to MW and back to Dv is like a Halff cycle that ends on DV having fast maps walking also need litle more cost on teleport so teleports can be for emergency
Also an idea based on this would not be bad, even if the developers like more a constant progresion on the levels. This really need to be reconsiderated because we have 5 wonderful maps but because the lack from new players and this progresion system always the higher map will be the one most populated and also the higher zone from that the most populated, the other maps are just used for wars or the very little quantity from low level players. Because all of this maybe is better that the levels zones are distribuied on a mosaic style so ALL the maps are used (of course because the space not all the levels on every map) and all having a level 54 zone, and also maps conected. The other ways suggested not really convinced me because from example if mokon is the previous map to green volcano in terms of level progresion still mokon will not be used.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Glad you asked! We at America 3 are having gameplay problems on the last map. This one has a lot of lag and makes us die all the time. Maybe you could take that falling snow off to make the map lighter. Or even change it in general, that that all-white map is not at all attractive and is causing gameplay problems for many people. The other maps are cool and we play it easy, without any problem. I hope you get the Maujak Mountains map. Thanks!!!
for me on eu2 snow sometimes too makes game little bit to lag

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Maujak needs a complete rework. What do you mean late? Lag? Low FPS?
It is true that in Maujak there is more lag being that it is the ugliest map and with less details of all. I would like to know why this happens? @Highway @Alewx
I think adding pines or fir-trees in some area would be nice, it would look like snowy taiga and after some distance it could be snow desert. Lets say we keep snow desert at 50-51 tier areas and at mm exit to cc with some part of 52 tier area there would be pines or fir-trees, as those places are closest to exit to cc, where its not so cold ^_^

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
I think you could add this expansion to insley, what do you think? (part of my gold mining map version)

Screenshot_20210421-182848.png

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
A day / night cycle that is set at the server time, add light sources (ex: torches, lanterns, kerosene lamps, candles, bonfires, imagine that a player can build a fire by collecting trash from mobs, this if you want to keep the Wild West theme, but you can also put electricity-dependent light sources since the DinoStorm universe technology is quite advanced, shiny rocks or plants, fireflies, etc)
For each event you can put details for its theme, for example Halloween: You slightly darken the maps and decorate it with illuminated Pumpkin Heads, for example Christmas. You could decorate the map with snowmen, Christmas lights.
I totally left the original idea but that is the magnificent thing, there will never be a lack of ideas, and I can go on and on giving suggestions, I don't understand why the devs can't, they don't brainstorm on the team?
maybe it's off topic but day and night cycles were suggested long time ago too, by me too. @Agusdim made good points about "trash" items, from some of them there really could be made something like torches or lamps, bones could server as sticks and skin, fur and something similar could be used for flame, in some map there are crystals and galena ore (which can be found in gf) it could be used for making flashlights or lamps, i could continue too even with what we currently have in game.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I think you could add this expansion to insley, what do you think? (part of my gold mining map version)

View attachment 41282
it looks not bad, but redwood is too close to other towers so it should stay closer where it is and insley should be move closer to exit to dv.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
redwood is fine where it is currently

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
I think adding pines or fir-trees in some area would be nice, it would look like snowy taiga and after some distance it could be snow desert. Lets say we keep snow desert at 50-51 tier areas and at mm exit to cc with some part of 52 tier area there would be pines or fir-trees, as those places are closest to exit to cc, where its not so cold ^_^
I like it, this would give more life to the map

Status
Not open for further replies.