snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
@SirCoral said that my idea was good, but that the maps were still very linear, with roads apparently of little use, so thanks to him, suggestions, I tried to cover this problem

@Highway version / My version:

View attachment 41262
View attachment 41263
Improvements

- I put a maze of paths between Insley and Moore, 3 paths that were in the form of a vein, which would make the game interesting for wars and with a new connection.

@Highway Version/ My Version:

View attachment 41264View attachment 41266

- most useful paths

- portals moved to match balance at a distance.

Please consider my idea positively, I hope you like.

@Highway gway, I think it would be really cool if you put that to us, players ...

What did you think? Glad to know that you are changing the maps 😆👌
This seems to me more like a remodeling of the maps than adding shortcuts.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
This seems to me more like a remodeling of the maps than adding shortcuts.
Oh, so you want me to have left only shortcuts and nothing else? I think for something newer, adding some expansions and removing bad crash sites wouldn't be a bad thing, I bet you would like that maze I made at Insley, right? 😆

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Oh, so you want me to have left only shortcuts and nothing else? I think for something newer, adding some expansions and removing bad crash sites wouldn't be a bad thing, I bet you would like that maze I made at Insley, right? 😆
Honestly not, there are many unnecessary paths that do not help at all and do not lead anywhere XD. But I will only insist on the 3 passages I mentioned, the rest I leave for you to decide, but be more realistic, mazes will not come back.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Honestly not, there are many unnecessary paths that do not help at all and do not lead anywhere XD. But I will only insist on the 3 passages I mentioned, the rest I leave for you to decide, but be more realistic, mazes will not come back.
So you don't find the paths I took and expansions useful? Well, I remodeled some parts to improve the balance of distance between the portals, and I honestly think it looks good, if you look at it in detail, you know? Your idea was straightforward and good, if we unite with these ideas and ask for a maze, there may be at least some as I mentioned about Insley, do you agree? ☺

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
As a sudden change of level, there should be some sign when a player are about to change zone.

The sign should be like traffic sign, and the warning shouldn't be from the game system but they should be drawn and put in-game.
Actually, every change of zone should be made by a drawing that's placed in-game warning players that this area is n-level higher than them.

It would look more "organic and natural" to the environment compared to a system that would display the zone change.
The change of zone message should be from signs that would be drawn and placed on the map. It should look natural to the environment.

The reason I don't really like messages from the in-game system is that they would either cause a minor slight lag or they are too obstructing. You interact with the HUD there's that split-second lag. Same thing for messages "notification" on the left side of the screen.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Wow! The map looks great! but something is still missing, paths!

View attachment 41243View attachment 41244

I tried to do my best, I took the fake insley way for Moore, if you don't want me to go there, please remove this weird stretch .. Or do as I did, because I think it would be better for adding wars and modifying a few more paths and a new expansion for hunting.

@Highway Version / My version:

View attachment 41241View attachment 41242

On redw, I went up a little bit because I think it would be more balanced in Insley's way for Moore. I took these huts close to the redhead because they hindered the paths because of the stretches with many collision sites.

View attachment 41246

View attachment 41248View attachment 41249

so I think that other than that it will get better and more installed, or it can decrease the size of the huts, or the quantity, and then they will go to the side.

I moved Davis closer to Sheridan and added a new path so that it is balanced out of the way for Barret, who has also been moved a bit away from Lowell, but I think it is already much more balanced out of the way of each portal to follow, to scott.

View attachment 41250
View attachment 41253
Please consider my idea positively, I hope you like.

@Highway , I think it would be really cool if you put that to us, players....

What do you think? Glad to know that you are changing the maps 😆👌
as for me with adding few more tier connecting paths to this example would be fine and it could be good compromise between players and devs

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
And exactly where does this data come from? Xq, those numbers may be greatly inflated by some levels 55 that are exclusively spent hunting.
I agree with this, as i saw some high lvl players rarely fight and mostly what they are doing in game is hunting

And okay, teleporting in dust is ridiculously cheap, but what about wars? With the portals in red, teleportation would no longer be an option and taking the shortcuts to get from point A to point B would not change almost anything.
Some people said same things before and thats good point for considering while making new paths.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
And why? teleporter is just a freaking lot faster than walking.
in order to save dd. after long fights in wars players get to the point when they have very low dd or even having a lot of dd, still prefer to save them, me as well, i usually walk instead of teleporting from 54-53 lvl areas to the market.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
And exactly where does this data come from? Xq, those numbers may be greatly inflated by some levels 55 that are exclusively spent hunting. And okay, teleporting in dust is ridiculously cheap, but what about wars? With the portals in red, teleportation would no longer be an option and taking the shortcuts to get from point A to point B would not change almost anything.
The data comes from the game? where else, we track the dollar that are farmed and bought but also we track where the dollars are spend on. so this number is the sum of all players on all servers for all levels.
And just to make you happy I will not count the dollar from players that are level 50 or more and oh wonder still 20 to 70 mil every week more farmed then spend.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Ok i already had the feeling that the feedback would be controversial and thats the reason because I wanted to involve you all early on before the hard work is done on the maps. Little changes here and there afterwards would be a very similar workload that we want to avoid.

Looks like we first need focus and to condense the feedback back and find out the "Why" the current maps that are live are disliked in general. This might result in a solution that is even better than reworking the maps.

Lets get started. ;)

What I could read out from your feedback so far:
  1. Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
    • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
  2. Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.

Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?

Last edited:

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Question for the case that all buildings on a map are red, are they all owned by the same single clan?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?
I think no.

Those 2 listed are the main pain points right now. (unless I missed others..)

The idea is, having more options of route to go to a destinated gates- to capture the gate. With more options, that opens up a lot of strategies and possibilities in war, such as hiding, or fooling the enemy, and more...

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Hahahahahhaah, they hunt cause they want infinitely dino dollars.. if they have 1M they want 5M :p

Thats funny .. the shortcuts will be good.. we just dont want a labyrinth :p
yea i agree

i wouldnt mind if there would be some labyrinths 😀, at least at higher tier areas

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Question for the case that all buildings on a map are red, are they all owned by the same single clan?
In a big war involving 10+ enemies, yes, every key member of an alliance would come in a clan and then try to capture the whole map.

Travel gates turn into capture points during a war.

The reasons we all come in one single clan is Communication, Fame distribution for members going for key election (Sheriff or Governor) and Manageability overall (If members of a clan that hold the gates are offline, that would be big advantage for enemy to capture the gates..)

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
about owned towers, it depends from server, on eu2 where are not many players, mostly 1 clan holds 1 map, on eu3 where are a lot more players, there 2 clans hold one map
when there is war often all towers, who are owned by fighting clans, are red

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
The data comes from the game? where else, we track the dollar that are farmed and bought but also we track where the dollars are spend on. so this number is the sum of all players on all servers for all levels.
And just to make you happy I will not count the dollar from players that are level 50 or more and oh wonder still 20 to 70 mil every week more farmed then spend.
hey calm down dude, they're obviously from the game. Isn't that going to be Minecraft data ?! I just asked you for a little more information and if you think I am one of those who believes that the cost of teleportation is expensive, you are wrong. I am aware of the dollars that level 50 players generate because unlike you @Alewx, I do play Dino Storm daily :)

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
It's partly about that and partly it's about comfort, I don't feel like a true open world with the current maps, it's going forward or backward, that makes me very uncomfortable.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Another question I have, how true is it that increasing the size of the map would generate more lag? In Pirate Galaxy there are many more and bigger maps, and this lag is not fulfilled.
They still haven't answered me this devs :)

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
sure, PG is your spoiled child :cautious:
Got to add something to that.

You open Dinostorm, you interact with the HUD, there's a noticeable lag. I open my inventory for an item, there's a noticeable lag. I use a firework around 7+ people and suddenly it's lag-city and some players can experience a sudden crash.

The same annoying thing for messages on the left side... lag everywhere.

Evyus

Lead Game Master
Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
GM Evyus
Clan
GM Team
Got to add something to that.

You open Dinostorm, you interact with the HUD, there's a noticeable lag. I open my inventory for an item, there's a noticeable lag. I use a firework around 7+ people and suddenly it's lag-city and some players can experience a sudden crash.

The same annoying thing for messages on the left side... lag everywhere.
Hey hey .. lets not lose the focus.. hahaha :p

We're here to take all feedbacks about the shortcuts .. how fast you all give to us you feedback more fast we can start work with it :D.. i am 25hrs looking the forum to take it..

☕

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
I understand that they don't want the map in the form of a maze, because it can also take beginner players to areas higher than their current level. What if you go through gates? Example: If your level is level 7, and the path takes you to level 14, place a gate with some warning
"you are entering a dangerous area!"

Valkorey

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Valkorey
Clan
Impact Legacy
Ok i already had the feeling that the feedback would be controversial and thats the reason because I wanted to involve you all early on before the hard work is done on the maps. Little changes here and there afterwards would be a very similar workload that we want to avoid.

Looks like we first need focus and to condense the feedback back and find out the "Why" the current maps that are live are disliked in general. This might result in a solution that is even better than reworking the maps.

Lets get started. ;)

What I could read out from your feedback so far:
  1. Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
    • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
  2. Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.

I think you got most of it yea :) I remember the old Goldfields map with the gate Russell. I thought this was kind of perfect ^^ Many people used to hang out there too. Just keep these "pretty" spots in the maps that are perfect for screenshots (especially after the camera update.) Players tend to go there too.

Evyus

Lead Game Master
Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
GM Evyus
Clan
GM Team
Let me start give a feedback about my opinion ..

• During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option.
  • Yes, the maps are bored right now ,, cause we have the same map form for much time .. in wars we have no strategies anymore cause everyone play with the same strategies .. if we die in a war and we have no kits we need to wait like 5-10 minuts at the ground for some gate heal .. or go to DV and come Back to map walking ... and its really bored. And with new shortcuts we can make new strategies and pass the maps more fast if all the gates are reds.. :D

David Moises

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-_ToBu_-
Clan
Game Over
Well these would be the main problems that the maps currently have, and as a colleague said above ... it is uncomfortable to walk in this style of maps.

I have nothing more to add about the maps. I would love that when they finish the design of the maps, they show them in an image to see if they have the support of the community, lest they implement them and they are not to the liking of the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.